The Permanente Medical Group, Inc. (TPMG) is one of the largest medical groups in the nation with over 9,000 physicians, 22 medical centers, numerous clinics throughout Northern and Central California, and a 75-year tradition of providing quality medical care. We currently have the following opportunities:
GENERAL ADULT GASTROENTEROLOGISTS
Up to $200,000 Forgivable Loan (upon approval)
Openings in Modesto/Stockton
ERCP a plus
- There are currently 6 FTEs in the department with three more anticipated hires. 1 FTE is joining in 8-2022 so there will be 7 FTEs from next year.
- We have approximately 40 supporting staff in the GI. Ancillary staff: There are 2 RN s and 1 LVN per procedural room. Along with a Unit Director, Unit manager and 2 charge RN s. 1 RN and 1 LVN are on call.
- Clinic Consult is 30 min and follow up are 15 to 30 min.
- On procedure days; there are up to 7 procedures in the morning and 6 procedures in the afternoon.
- We locally offer ERCPs, Spyglass and EMR and fibro scans.
- Modesto and Stockton clinics are 30 miles apart.
- Modesto is hub for GI services in the CVA. The MOD hospital is attached to MOD MOB- procedural space is in the clinic space. In STK, the clinic is just 10 minutes from the hospital- St. Joseph Med Ctr (SJMC is co-owned by Kaiser and Dignity Health). Hospital patients for GI at SJMC are transferred to MOD.
- 75% of Kaiser inpatient utilize Modesto hospital as MOD is our inpatient hub center.
- Call structure Weekend is shared among docs and fair. When fully staffed, it will be one weekend every 9 weekends. Weekdays: Day time, we have one doc covering MOD and one in STK but for STK, you are mainly phone calls as patients are transferred to MOD. Weekday night. One MD is covering both STK and MOD- starts Fri at 6 pm until Mon 6 am.
- There is ER residency program and other residents from UC system and students from Northstate and UC rotate. There is a teaching opportunity. There are opportunities to help teach/instruct at the new GI fellowship program at SFO.
- We are looking for both general GI or ERCP advanced interest candidates.
- Great area to live and work in- rapidly growing, affordable, easy access to lots of recreational activities. Have no traffics to commute.
A FEW REASONS TO CONSIDER A PRACTICE WITH TPMG:
We are Physician-led and develop our own leaders.
We can focus on providing excellent patient care without managing overhead and billing.
We collaborate across specialties and medical centers.
We have a very rich and comprehensive Physician Health & Wellness Program.
We demonstrate our commitment to a culture of equity, inclusion, and diversity by hiring physicians that reflect and celebrate the diversity of people and cultures. We practice in an environment with patients at the center and deliver culturally responsive and compassionate care to member populations.
Comprehensive medical and dental
Home loan assistance - up to $250,000 (approval required)
Malpractice and tail insurance
Three retirement plans, including pension
Paid holidays, sick leave, education leave
WHY PRACTICE IN THE CALIFORNIA CENTRAL VALLEY?
Location. Location. Location. The Central Valley is nestled between the Cascade, Sierra Nevada and Tehachapi mountains to the east and the California coastal ranges and the San Francisco Bay Area to the West.
Affordable California is not an oxymoron. The Central Valley offers affordable home prices and at the same time a quality lifestyle.
Shorter commutes. Instead of spending hours stuck in a commute, you will have more time to spend with your family and friends.
Recreational activities abound. The region is an outdoor recreational destination with mountain and road biking, kayaking and boarding on numerous lakes and rivers. The nearby California State and National Parks offer great hiking trails, camping and fishing in pristine lakes and rivers.
Endless amenities. Enjoy community activities, theater, sporting events, museums, family and gourmet eateries, fashion malls, and schools and universities.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact:
Aileen Ludlow, Physician Recruiter at:
Aileen.M.Ludlow@kp.org or call (510) 239-9064
Please visit our website: https://northerncalifornia.permanente.org
We are an EEO/AA/F/D/V Employer. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Full-time annual salary range is $480,000 to $490,020 plus additional potential incentives up to $43,800*. Reduced schedules with pro-rated compensation may be available. *Some incentive opportunities are estimates based on potential premium pay.