Skagit Regional Health is seeking a 0.6 FTE OB physician to help grow a new OB Hospitalist program at Skagit Valley Hospital. Join us in our mission to continually improve the health of our communities serving with compassion and respect, one person at a time. Working at Skagit Regional Health isn't just a job. It's a way of life.
- Join a team of 4 OB Hospitalist providers to help provide 24/7 coverage to our Family Birth Center, which includes 21 LDRP rooms and 2 ORs on the unit with dedicated Anesthesia support and onsite Pediatric Hospitalists.
- This opportunity involves working collaboratively with our employed midwife group and FM/OB providers, along with other community delivering providers.
- Opportunity to work with Family Medicine Residents and Medical Students.
- In this role you will focus on giving inpatient care to pregnant women, managing labor and delivery on both an emergency and routine basis.
- A 0.6 FTE provider can expect to work 51, 24 hour in-house shifts per year.
- Integrated EPIC EMR platform utilized system-wide throughout the organization.
- Graduate from an ACGME accredited program.
- Board Certification in OB/GYN is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience required.
- Active Washington State license or ability to obtain a Washington State license by time to employment.
- Current AHA NRP certification and Electronic Fetal Monitoring certificate.
- The ideal candidate will place a priority on quality of care, patient experience and collaboration.
- Our ideal candidate will be focused on building lasting relationships with their patients as well as strong ties within the community.
Compensation and Benefits:
About Skagit Regional Health:
- Hourly rate: $155/hour
- Employment bonus, relocation reimbursement & CME allowance
- Malpractice insurance is fully covered!
- Comprehensive benefit packages including medical, dental, vision, disability and life.
- Skagit Regional Health offers 401a and 457b retirement plans that invest in your future financial security.
- Skagit Regional Health is a PSLF approved institution.
- Washington State has no income tax, enhancing your financial benefits.
About Mount Vernon, Washington:
- Skagit Regional Health is an integrated health system with a growing staff of nearly 3,000, including a medical staff of over 570, and is comprised of two acute care hospitals and 30 outpatient clinics in over 25 medical specialties. We provide advanced, quality and comprehensive services to the residents of the nine communities we serve in Skagit, Island and North Snohomish counties. We commit to work collaboratively as a system to lead a culture that is focused on High Reliability and promote safe and reliable activities at all times.
- Skagit Valley Hospital is licensed for 137 beds with a Level III Trauma Center. The hospital features a full range of services including the latest surgery techniques; renal dialysis; a well-appointed Family Birth Center; compressive diagnostic imaging and an advanced heart and vascular institute that includes the only cardiac catheterization labs in the area. State of the art surgery center opened in December 2023, offering additional clinic space, outpatient ORs and additional endoscopy suites.
- Nestled in the captivating Skagit Valley, Mount Vernon, is a thriving community offering immediate access to a plethora of outdoor recreational activities. Positioned along Washington s Puget Sound coastal region, our area caters to outdoor enthusiasts year-round, offering opportunities for camping, hiking, skiing, kayaking, and more.
- Experience the renowned Skagit Valley Tulip Festival that draws visitors from across the globe every spring. Explore our historic downtown and scenic river walk, showcasing an array of small businesses, distinctive restaurants, and craft breweries. During the summer, shop our local farmers market and enjoy an outdoor concert.
- Conveniently situated between Seattle and Vancouver, BC, you can enjoy the amenities of major cities, including access to international and regional airports and world class dining, without the high cost of living or traffic congestion.
- Settle into a welcoming, family-centric atmosphere with safe neighborhoods, great school districts, and a wealth of diverse opportunities tailored for every member of your family. Washington State encapsulates a thriving food, craft drink, art, and entertainment scenes waiting to be explored.
- Recognized as the top-ranked state in the U.S. News Best States ranking for two consecutive years (2021 and 2022), Washington offers an exceptional quality of live, making it an ideal place to call home!