Trinity Health IHA Medical Group has an excellent full-time employment opportunity for a Sports Medicine Fellowship trained, Board Certified or Board Eligible Orthopedic Surgeon to join our new orthopedic surgery team located in Grand Rapids, Michigan. An interest and training in hip arthroscopy and preservation would be appreciated.
The physician will join an employed orthopedic group, a new and growing framework in West Michigan. IHAs orthopedic surgeons perform surgeries at Trinity Health Grand Rapids Hospital in downtown Grand Rapids and at our ASC at Mercy Health Southwest located in Byron Center, Michigan (11 miles distance from downtown).
Surgeon duties include:
- Providing orthopedic athletic care for a local NCAA division two college.
- Evaluating patients, reviewing, and interpreting patient health history, conducting a physical exam, and reviewing laboratory, x-ray, and other test reports to determine diagnosis.
- Developing and implementing treatment plan and providing education to patients.
- Performing orthopedic surgical procedures.
- Evaluating hospitalized patients during preop and postop period, monitoring progress, and releasing patient from hospital.
- Recognizing abnormal patient responses to treatment, surgery and/or medication and implementing corrective actions as appropriate.
- Documenting care and cases; Completing paperwork to assure payment for services rendered.
- Participating in call coverage at a level two hospital, with trauma backup.
- Maintaining knowledge of trends and developments in the field by reading appropriate articles, journals, and related material, and by attending seminars, conferences and so forth.
- Serving as an engaged orthopedic team member at THSM, and working to build, support, and grow the orthopedic program.
New graduates and experienced physicians are encouraged to apply! Physicians must be Board Eligible and Certified in their specialty within five years of completion of residency. A State of Michigan license, DEA license, ACLS and BLS certifications are required at time of employment.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right Orthopedic Sports Medicine physician to join Trinity Health IHA Medical Group.
An excellent compensation and benefits package is available for the right candidate including:
- Competitive base rate and compensation plan
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Benefits; 403b, 457
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Professional Malpractice Coverage with Tail Coverage