Reporting to Vice President Physician Operations or designee, provides comprehensive physician services to assess, diagnose, plan and treat a wide range of patients with health issues/illness or injury within NCH facilities or NCH Medical Group locations. Collaborates with inter-disciplinary healthcare team to provide comprehensive clinical coordination of patient care resulting in integrated health care that is timely, high quality, customer focused and utilizes resources effectively to optimize patient outcomes.
1. Provides evidence based direct patient care to include comprehensive clinical assessment, diagnosing, planning and treatment of a range of health issues/illness or injuries for patients. Identifies expected outcomes from assessment data and diagnosis and develops a comprehensive individualized plan of care that includes interventions, treatments and follow up recommendations. Communicates patient data to interdisciplinary team as appropriate. Prescribes pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic therapies as appropriate.
2. Consults with and provides collaborative/supervision to inter disciplinary team in assessing, defining and administering patient care interventions and treatment. Provides direction and education to the interdisciplinary support staff as indicated.
3. Facilitates decisions and actions on behalf of patients in an ethical manner by maintaining patient confidentiality, acting as a patient advocate and assisting patients so they can advocate for themselves. Communicates plan of care to patient and family regularly. Assists patient and family in becoming informed consumers about risk and benefits of treatment and care as well as health promotion and preventative care. Provides follow-up recommendations as appropriate.
4. Follows established documentation practices to ensure that the medical record accurately reflects the intensity of service, severity of illness, and contains all required diagnostic and treatment information for the episode of illness or injury.
5. Collaborate and consults with other physicians as needed on patient care evaluation and management.
6. Collaborates with NCH Medical Group administrative leadership in areas of resource utilization, practice efficiency and quality protocols and practice goals.
7. Collaboratively aligns with NCH Medical Staff in accordance with established by-laws.
8. Adheres to all Northwest Community Hospital standards, policies, and procedures.
Qualifications 1. Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine with current license to practice medicine in the state of Illinois.
2. Board certification or Board eligible in Dermatology
3. Active DEA and Illinois Controlled Substance License
4. Current CPR certification or specialty specific advanced life support (ACLS, ATLS, PALS) certification obtained through American Heart Association.
5. The interpersonal skills necessary to effectively interact with patients, families, medical personnel, and other members of the health care team in a compassionate and customer oriented manner.
6. Current knowledge of evidence-based standards of medical care for specialty area.
7. The ability to perform effectively and efficiently under the pressure of stressful emergency situations.
8. Ability to prioritize patient care to support efficient patient flow in in NCH facilities or NCH Medical Group offices.
9. Ability to work a flexible, part-time or full-time, schedule and to assist in covering vacancies when necessary.About Northwest Community Healthcare
In January 2021, Northwest Community Healthcare (NCH) joined NorthShore University HealthSystem, which is now NorthShore Edward-Elmhurst Health. The NCH Arlington Heights campus features a 509-bed hospital with a Level II Trauma Center, Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and a dedicated pediatric acute care center. Throughout the northwest suburbs, NCH has 23 doctor s offices; five immediate care centers; seven physical rehabilitation sites; and 13 lab locations.
NorthShore Edward-Elmhurst Health is a fully integrated healthcare delivery system committed to providing access to quality, vibrant, community-connected care, serving an area of more than 4.2 million residents across six northeast Illinois counties. Our more than 25,000 team members and more than 6,000 physicians aim to deliver transformative patient experiences and expert care close to home across more than 300 ambulatory locations and eight acute care hospitals Edward (Naperville), Elmhurst, Evanston, Glenbrook (Glenview), Highland Park, Northwest Community (Arlington Heights) Skokie and Swedish (Chicago) all recognized as Magnet hospitals for nursing excellence. Located in Naperville, Linden Oaks Behavioral Health, provides for the mental health needs of area residents. For more information, visit NorthShore.org, SwedishCovenant.org, NCH.org and EEHealth.org.
View full job description