The Department of Surgery is seeking a colorectal surgeon to join a team treating a full range of elective and emergent surgical needs in a collaborative and multidisciplinary environment at the region s largest hospital and surgical center.
Position requirements and benefits:
- Skills and experience in minimally invasive techniques and robotic surgery techniques, including access to a da Vinci Xi surgical robot.
- Must have an interest in caring for complex patients and possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Position includes a high degree of collaboration with partners including gastroenterologists, geneticists, medical and radiation oncologists, diagnostic and interventional radiologists, pathologists, urogynecologists, and urologists.
- Practice consists of full spectrum of elective and emergent colon and rectal surgery including IBD, anorectal disease, pelvic-floor dysfunction, diverticulitis, colon cancer, and multi-disciplinary treatment of rectal cancer
- Must be board eligible or board certified in colon and rectal surgery, have completed a colorectal fellowship training program, and be eligible for a New York medical license.
- Take an active role in teaching medical students and residents, including an academic appointment commensurate with experience.
- Must provide surgical case log indicating current experience.
- Highly competitive salary with incentive bonus.
- Rich benefits package including malpractice coverage and retirement plan.
- Salary commensurate with level of academic appointment.
The Albany Med Health System is the largest and only regionally governed not-for-profit health system serving northeastern New York and western New England.
It consists of Albany Medical Center, Albany Medical College, the Bernard & Millie Duker Children s Hospital, Columbia Memorial Health, Glens Falls Hospital, Saratoga Hospital, and the Visiting Nurses. Albany Medical Center is New York s only academic medical center and one of upstate New York s largest teaching hospitals. The Capital Region offers great opportunities
for professionals and families.