Primary Care Physician Opportunities in Las Vegas, Laughlin and Pahrump, Nevada!
Serve as a Physician (Primary Care) located within the Las Vegas VA Healthcare System assigned to the Ambulatory Care Service.
VA Southern Nevada Healthcare System is currently seeking outstanding full-time Family Medicine or Internal Medicine trained physicians to join our Primary Care Clinic team. Responsible to provide comprehensive care, under the Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT) model, to a panel of patients managed under PCMM guidelines. Expected to be attentive to patient education, preventive care and be able to work well in an interdisciplinary team to provide high quality primary care. Responsible for providing comprehensive medical care. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manages chronic conditions, evaluates and treats inter-current medical conditions. Determine medical assessment and develop treatment plans according to accepted protocols.
- Collaborates with a Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT) to provide accessible, comprehensive, coordinated, continuous care to an assigned panel of patients.
- Performs a variety of disease prevention related activities including gender and age specific screenings, mental health screenings, and health promotion activities.
- Screens for, evaluates and treats uncomplicated common mental health disorders, including depression and common addictions, with referrals made to mental health providers for further evaluation and treatment as appropriate.
- Highly preferred for the provider to also provide comprehensive gender-specific care for female veterans as a designated women's health PCP including age appropriate cervical and breast cancer screening, menopause and contraceptive management, and initial evaluation of basic gynecological concerns.
- Highly preferred for the provider to have a DEA X-waiver to work with Substance use disorder
- Primary care physicians will have responsibility for supervision of or collaboration with primary care mid-level providers.
- Physicians are expected to provide clinical oversight and to participate in peer review of other primary care providers through periodic chart reviews.
- Primary care physicians will act as surrogates for absent primary care providers when needed, to include review of CPRS view alerts.
- Primary care physicians will regularly attend primary care staff meetings, departmental meetings and medical staff meetings.
- Timely documentation (notes and encounter forms) is necessary in all areas in accordance with facility policy. All administrative work should be completed in a timely fashion.
- Clinical reminders should be addressed as medically appropriate. Quality of care should meet professional standards.
- Utilization of all Virtual Care modalities is an expectation of this position.
- Provide timely follow-up on results, including completion of view alerts.
- Prescribe medication according to approved formulary, and in accordance with Federal and State Law.
- Consults other specialties as appropriate, according to service agreements.
- Demonstrates flexibility in responding to clinic demands, adhere to personal and professional obligations and responsibilities, practice and maintain ethical standards, and sustain a work environment that is harmonious and customer service oriented.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 08:00 AM - 04:30 PM - work/life balance, no call!
May be required to work various shifts on a permanent or temporary basis based on patient care needs, including weekends, holidays, and nights. The candidate must be willing to be placed, detailed or temporarily assigned to other services and/or locations, if necessary, during regional or national emergencies)
Expected Salary range from $230,000 to $240,000 plus generous recruitment and retention incentives with consideration given to candidate qualifications, credentials and experience; and may include up to $15,000 in Annual Performance Bonus. Amazing federal benefits program including a pension plan. Selected candidate may be eligible to apply for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), and if approved, receive up to $200k in school loan repayment.