The University of Miami Health System, Miller School of Medicine is initiating a search for an Assistant Professor of Neurology in the Cognitive Division.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Strong clinical background in the area of Cognitive/Memory Disorders Diseases
- Involvement in the clinical care of patients at the Uhealth satellite clinics (8-9 sessions a week) and in the inpatient service (2-4 weeks a year)
- Participate in educational and mentorship activities of Cognitive Division and Department of Neurology
- Care for patients in the UHealthSystem outpatient settings
- Train, mentor physicians and staff
- Preparation and presentation at teaching conferences
- Support the clinical and educational program in Memory Diseases
- Obtain data and results that can be used to submit an application for future clinical research awards
- MD degree from a recognized accredited University (or foreign equivalent)
- Cognitive/Memory disorders fellowship preferred
- Board certification in Neurology is strongly recommended
- Eligible for Florida Medical License
For additional information, contact:
James E. Galvin, MD, MPH
Chief, Division of Cognitive Neurologyjeg200@miami.edu
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The mission of the University of Miami is to transform lives through education, research, innovation, and service. A vibrant and diverse academic and healthcare community, the University of Miami and the University of Miami Health System ("UHealth") have rapidly progressed to become one of the nation s top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation.
The University comprises 12 schools and colleges serving undergraduate and graduate students in more than 350 majors and programs. Visit welcome.miami.edu/about-um to learn more about our points of pride.
The University ranks No. 55 on U.S. News & World Report s 2022 Best Colleges list and ranked No. 49 in the 2022 Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education College Rankings.
Bascom Palmer Eye Institute is ranked the #1 eye hospital in the USA and offers some of the nation's premiere eye doctors to treat every eye condition for adults. Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer, part of the Miller School of Medicine, received the prestigious National Cancer Institute designation in 2019.
The University of Miami and UHealth have also ranked among the Forbes Best Employers and Best Employers for Women on several occasions, most recently in 2022.
With more than 17,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.