PLAY A VITAL ROLE IN THE LIVES OF OUR NATION’S DEFENDERS
As a Thoracic Surgeon on the U.S. Army Reserve health care team, you’ll be at the forefront of medical innovation in thoracic trauma, oncology and respiratory medicine. You’ll examine, diagnose, treat or prescribe courses of treatment and surgery for patients having surgical needs of the vascular system and performing required surgery. Additionally when you join the Army Medical Corps, you’ll be making a difference in the lives of our Soldiers and the country at large while gaining access to invaluable opportunities, like supporting humanitarian missions, leadership training and competitive benefit packages. Also, you may continue to work in your community and serve when needed. Join us and work alongside professionals at the top of their fields while helping expand the boundaries of thoracic surgery.
Benefits may include:
· Health professions special pay for physicians in eligible specialties
· A monthly stipend through the Specialized Training Assistance Program (STRAP) for physicians currently enrolled in an accredited residency program.
· Health Professions Loan Repayment Program (HPLRP) which repays qualifying education loans to lending institutions
· Travel opportunities
· Enrollment in the Uniformed Services Blended Retirements System
· Low-cost medical and dental care for you and your family
· Commissary and post exchange shopping privileges
· Specialized training to become a leader in medicine
· Doctor of medicine or doctor of osteopathy degree from an accredited U.S. school of medicine or osteopathy; foreign graduates may apply with permanent certificate from the Educational Council of Foreign Medical Graduates
· Current license to practice medicine in the United States, District of Columbia or Puerto Rico ·