At LifeStance Health, we believe in a truly healthy society where mental and physical healthcare are unified to make lives better. Our mission is to help people lead healthier, more fulfilling lives by improving access to trusted, affordable, and personalized mental healthcare. Everywhere. Every day. It's a lofty goal; we know. But we make it happen with the best team in behavioral health.
Thank you for taking the time to explore a career with us. As the fastest growing behavioral health practice group in the country, now is the perfect time to join our clinical team!
The Regional Medical Director is responsible for the effective implementation of the organization's clinical goals, procedures, protocols, and workflows in accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values for their designated region. The Regional Medical Director strives to enhance patient care through the effective and supportive management of LifeStance clinicians and collaboration to improve systems of care.
· This position will be primarily clinical with some administrative time. This candidate will be on our Fee For Service model and will be given a salary for administrative work
· Provides general management and oversight of psychiatric clinicians, inclusive of personnel actions
· Develops, implements and maintains clinical protocols, policies, and programming. Ensures compliance with Federal and State regulations, payor requirements, community practice standards and professional ethics.
· Conducts chart record reviews and provides coaching and education, as needed
· Investigates adverse clinical events to help ensure ongoing high-quality care
· Serves as a liaison between psychiatric clinicians, practice and Division leadership to ensure collaboration in the delivery of psychiatric care
· Reports key performance metrics and data regularly to Division leadership in accordance with the company's strategies and processes
· Monitors regional clinical goals and performance and develops corresponding strategic plans, including communication and implementation plans for rollout
· Analyzes and identifies medical issues/risk and takes prompt measures toward rectification
· Works closely with operations to support clinicians, inclusive of assuring successful onboarding process for new clinicians
· Provides ongoing supervision, training, and communication with psychiatric clinicians
· Supports clinician recruiting, interviewing, hiring and onboarding, as assigned by Executive Medical Director
· Oversees the maintenance and continued improvements of the electronic health record
· Prompts investigation and resolution to manage patient complaints regarding clinical/clinician issues, inclusive of providing follow up communication with patients as needed to address concerns **Note: This is not inclusive of billing or financial complaints.
· In conjunction with the HR department, establishes benchmarks and metrics to develop regular performance reviews, accurately evaluating provider performance and assessing clinical competency. This may occur on an ad hoc basis as clinical care issues arise or systematically as part of a clinical auditing process.
· Advocates for management processes to improve clinician efficacy and satisfaction
· Participates in and leads meetings, as assigned
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
· Clinical compliance
· Recruiting targets at regional level
· Visits/clinician/day (productivity)
· Utilization, capacity
· Clinician retention
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· M.D. or D.O. required
· 4+ years of residency training
· 5+ years of relevant clinical work and leadership experience
· Current, unrestricted state license to practice medicine, active DEA registration, and applicable board certification
· Familiarity with the Principles of Medical Ethics of the American Medical Association and the Principles of Medical Ethics with Annotations Especially Applicable to Psychiatry
· Ability to lead, supervise and collaborate
· Ability to work independently and as a team member
· Ability to provide formative feedback and experience with conflict resolution
· Extremely strong clinical skills and knowledge of licensure requirements
· Significant problem-solving capability
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
· Excellent time management skills, ability to multitask, attention to detail, self-motivated, and ability to adapt to changes
· Demonstrates awareness, inclusivity, sensitivity, humility, and experience in working with individuals from diverse ethnic backgrounds, socioeconomic statuses, sexual orientations, gender identities, and other various aspects of culture
Lifestance Health is looking for a Board Certified Psychiatrist with previous leadership experience in an outpatient setting to preside over our practice locations in South Carolina and North Carolina. This is an immediate need and we are looking for someone that can start as soon as possible upon credentialing. The Medical Director can work at any of our 11 outpatient locations in South Carolina. This role will be posted in multiple locations for visibility, but there is only one position available. Please apply to one location only. For immediate consideration, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply to the link available.
About LifeStance Health
LifeStance is a national provider of mental healthcare services focused on evidenced-based, medically driven treatment services for children, adolescents and adults suffering from a variety of mental health issues in an outpatient care setting, both in-person at its clinics nationwide and through its digital health telemedicine offering. The company employs psychiatrists, psychologists, psychiatric nurse practitioners, and licensed therapists throughout the US.
LifeStance Health is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are fully committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all our employees.