Assistant Dean for Graduate Medical Education (GME) and Designated Institutional Official (DIO), UCSF Fresno
School of Medicine
University of California, San Francisco
The School of Medicine at UC San Francisco seeks an outstanding individual to serve as the Assistant Dean of Graduate Education and Designated Institutional Official. This position will require strong leadership and organizational skills, as well as a deep understanding of academic policies and procedures. Must also have:
• Experience in graduate medical education with documented effectiveness as a program director or Designated Institutional official.
• Demonstrated effectiveness to advancing a culture and climate of diversity, equity, belonging and anti-oppression.
• Demonstrated effectiveness as a leader of faculty and staff.
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
The Assistant Dean of GME and DIO will work closely with faculty members, department heads, and other administrative staff to ensure that the graduate programs are effectively managed, and that they meet the academic and research needs of the resident and fellow learners.
The Assistant Dean role is 70% effort as part of a full-time faculty position.
• Serve as Designated Institutional Official (DIO) of UCSF Fresno, the Sponsoring Institution.
•Be responsible for the Affiliation Agreements with Community Medical Centers (CMC), Central California Faculty Medical Group (CCFMG), Veteran Affairs Central California Health Care System (VACCHCS), Family HealthCare Network (FHCN) and any other clinical training sites for GME.
•Provide leadership, guidance and oversight of program staff and program directors in design, implementation, evaluation and continuous improvement of GME programs.
• Advocate on behalf of resident learners and programs regarding the learning environment and wellbeing.
• Function as a collaborative colleague with departmental leadership and clinical leadership.
• Oversee the governance of the graduate medical education curriculum and the ACGME accreditation process.
An MD or equivalent degree and a faculty rank of associate or full professor required.
The posted UC salary scales set the minimum pay determined by rank and step at appointment. See [Table 5](https://www.ucop.edu/academic-personnel-programs/_files/2023-24/oct-2023-acad-salary-scales/t5-summary.pdf). The minimum base salary range for this position is $139,500 - $514,400. This position includes membership in the [health sciences compensation plan](https://ucop.edu/academic-personnel-programs/_files/apm/apm-670.pdf) which provides for eligibility for additional compensation.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF04685.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency