This position is eligible for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), a student loan payment reimbursement program. You must meet specific individual eligibility requirements in accordance with VHA policy and submit your EDRP application within four months of appointment. Approval, award amount (up to $200,000) and eligibility period (one to five years) are determined by the VHA Education Loan Repayment Services program office after complete review of the EDRP application.
The facility is located less than an hour from downtown Chicago and all the amenities it offers. Chicago is known for its significant advancement in performing arts, Chicago and Prairie
School architecture, bustling restaurant and nightlife, multicultural musical venues and numerous public historical museums and fine art galleries.
The FHCC is a first-of-its-kind partnership between the US Department of Veterans Affairs and the Department of Defense (DoD), integrating all medical care into a federal health care facility with a single combined VA and Navy mission: "Readying Warriors and Caring for Heroes." Your patients will be a mix of both veterans and active-duty military, including recruits at the Great Lakes Naval Base.Major Duties:
- May be exposed to occupational surroundings that involve moderate health risk/discomfort to self, and which may require special precautions, (i.e., infectious diseases, blood-borne pathogens, verbal and physical abuse, etc.). This may range from the emotionally disturbed patient to the severely diseased patient.
- Employee may be required to have various contact with medical and non-medical staff, patients, family, visitors and other employees, including contract employees as well as other VHA/DoD services.
- Contact with patients is necessary for the purposes of explaining procedure & performance, pertinent history and information sharing as it relates to Imaging procedures and/or special requirements. Contact with physicians and other ancillary services personnel may be required for information sharing and consultation. Contact with visitors and family members may be required for information sharing as it relates to a particular patient.
- Age groups of beneficiary patients vary greatly and include those patients from a pediatric age group to those of a geriatric age group.
- Dress apparel: All FHCC employees are required to dress in a professional manner and in accordance with local policies.
- Imaging study interpretation assignments shall be completed timely fashion and in accordance with Imaging policies utilizing the PACS & Hospital Information System/Radiology Information System (HIS/RIS) and or any other applicable system provided. Established time limits for interpretation processes has been established by the Chief, Imaging.
Candidate should have:
- PACS and Voice Recognition experience.
- Command of the English language
- Board Certified or Eligible in Radiology
- Comfortable interpreting general diagnostic studies (CT, US, radiography, fluoroscopy, nuclear medicine) and willing to perform additional modalities (MR, mammography, interventional, etc.) that they are qualified to perform.
- Exclusively weekday daytime shifts-after hours from 4 p.m.-8 a.m. and weekends covered by reliable teleradiology service.
- Very limited call responsibilities: occasional Saturday morning plain film only coverage.
- Competitive salary and extensive federal benefits, including federal retirement (with pension), subsidized federal health insurance plans, and much more! Up to 54 days paid time off per year (see breakdown below).
- Collegial environment, opportunities for academic appointments at next-door Chicago Medical School, teaching and research.
- Top notch facilities and equipment.
- Malpractice insurance provided by federal government. No need for malpractice tail.
- Say goodbye to decreasing reimbursements, high-stress call shifts, and unstable radiology groups.
- Position is eligible for educational loan reimbursement through the EDRP program.
Interested candidates may apply by emailing current CV to VA Healthcare Recruiter:
Pay: Competitive salary, annual performance bonus, regular salary increases
Paid Time Off: 50-55 days of annual paid time offer per year(26 days of annual leave, 13 days of sick leave, 11 paid Federal holidays per year, and possible 5-day paid absence for CME) Retirement: Traditional federal pension (5 years vesting) and federal 401 K with up to 5% in contributions by VA
Insurance: Federal health/vision/dental/term life/long-term care (many federal insurance programs can be carried into retirement)
licensure: 1 full and unrestricted license from any US State or territory
Malpractice: Free liability protection with tail coverage provided
Contract: No Physician Employment Contract and no significant restriction on moonlighting