The Edward B. Singleton Department of Radiology at Texas Children s Hospital is recruiting one full-time, board-certified or board eligible, pediatric body radiologists to partner with two pediatric interventional radiologists and two pediatric body radiologists colleagues to provide radiology services. A team of five, with remote subspecialty support from colleagues in Houston, will lead Radiology at the new state of the art 52 bed children s and women s hospital, opening early 2024. The North Austin Campus will provide a full scope of care for both pediatric and women s services.
Texas Children s Hospital, currently ranked No.1 Children s Hospital in Texas and No. 3 by the U.S. News & World Report survey, is the largest children s hospital system in the USA with 959 licensed beds. Between Houston, Austin, and College Station, care is provided in more than 100 locations, including Texas Medical Center campus and three community hospitals as well as the Pavilion for Women, Texas Children s Pediatrics, Urgent Care, Specialty Care, Texas Children s Health Plan, and The Centers for Children and Women.
Approximately 300,000 imaging studies and procedures are performed at Texas Children s annually. It is a very dynamic and rapidly growing environment with high-end technology to meet the needs of the wide range of patients, including some of the most complex in the nation who are referred for supraspecialized care. Texas Children s Hospital and the Department of Radiology are committed to the tripartite mission of leading academic institutions: clinical care, teaching and research. The hospital leadership has an unwavering mission to offer the best of care to children, women and their families. Integrative, comprehensive and coordinated care is emphasized to create a healthier future for children and women.
Join our nationally recognized team of pediatric specialists as we seek to hire a full-time Pediatric Body Radiologist.
- Image interpretation: analyzing and interpreting radiological images to identify abnormalities, injuries, and diseases affecting the body s organs, tissues and systems in pediatric patients.
- Diagnosing Pediatric Conditions: Making accurate and timely diagnoses based on radiological findings, working collaboratively with other healthcare professionals, such as pediatricians, surgeons, and oncologists.
- Protocols and Techniques: Developing and implementing imaging protocols and techniques that are specific to pediatric patients, considering factors like age, size, and radiation exposure.
- Ensure Radiation Safety.
- Consultations: Collaboration with other radiologists and medical specialists to discuss complex cases.
- Use of virtual cockpit to assist with virtual scans in real time.
- Incentivized call coverage.
- 33 days of PTO.
- 13 days for CME.
- Scheduling centralized through QGenda.
- Does not require sub-specialty (such as Interventional Radiology Neuroradiology, or cardiac radiology,) although it is welcomed.
- No Research Requirements, but if interest in research opportunities, it will be considered.
- Candidate must have clinical experience. Specialized training in Pediatric Body Imaging is not required, but is welcomed.
- The ideal candidate will have a pioneer-like spirit that is flexible and comfortable with the challenges of starting and ramping up a new program and facility.
- Must have completed a fellowship in Pediatric Body Radiology.
- Must be Board Certified/ Board Eligible in diagnostic radiology through the American Board of Radiology or another relevant certification board in your home country.
- Must be eligible to obtain or already hold an active Texas medical
About Texas Children s Hospital:
Texas Children s Hospital, a not-for-profit health care organization, is committed to creating a healthier future for children and women throughout the global community by leading in patient care, education, and research. Consistently ranked as the best children s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation.
Texas Children s has garnered widespread recognition for its expertise and breakthroughs in pediatric and women s health. The hospital includes the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute; the Feigin Tower for pediatric research; Texas Children s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children s Hospital the Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children s care for communities north of Houston. The organization also created Texas Children s Health Plan, the nation s first HMO for children; has the largest pediatric primary care network in the country, Texas Children s Pediatrics; Texas Children s Urgent Care clinics that specialize in after-hours care tailored specifically for children; and a global health program that s channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children s Hospital is affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine.
Texas Children s Hospital is the largest pediatric hospital in the nation, administering primary, specialty, urgent, and emergency medical care in more than 40 pediatric subspecialties. Professionals throughout the world refer many of their most challenging patients to Texas Children s, creating a rich and unique learning environment for our teams. Our physicians use cutting-edge methodologies and access state of the art resources to deliver quality care to Texas Children s patients. Texas Children s Pediatrics now operates 18 pediatric practices in the greater Austin area, along with Texas Children s Specialty Care on N. Mopac Expressway and Texas Children s Urgent Care Westgate on S. Lamar Blvd. Spring 2024 will mark the opening of Texas Children s Hospital North Austin Campus, which will offer pediatric care and women s health services all in one convenient location.
Our community includes research associates, scientists, doctors, nurses, allied health professionals, graduate students, fundraising specialists, marketing professionals, volunteers, and an extensive support staff. We are united by our desire to find cures, save lives, and transform the future of our patients.
Texas Children s Hospital continues to be a leader in innovation and patient centered care. We are committed to its tradition of exceptional care for patients, support to families, and communities alike.
The Texas Children s Environment:
Radiologists at Texas Children s have the unique benefit of having an academic appointment with Baylor College of Medicine , while being employed by Texas Children s Physician Group one of the most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation. Our longstanding partnership with Baylor College of Medicine allows our physicians to feel insurmountable support, as well as endless opportunities for research and continued education. Baylor College of Medicine currently ranks #9 in Pediatric Programs and #21 in Research Intensive Medical Schools. Recognizing the value in diverse perspectives, we have programs that leverage engagement by bringing our professional community together. Additionally, we want our Physicians and supporting employees to enjoy all aspects of their professional and personal lives.