The Women's Health Service Line at Corewell Health (formerly Spectrum Health) has an exciting opportunity. We are seeking a full-time or part-time Gynecologic Physician (Generalist or Minimally Invasive Gynecologist) to provide gynecological services for our patients in the Grand Rapids area. The primary clinical responsibilities will be:
- Outpatient gynecological office access
- Full spectrum surgery (robotic, laparoscopic, hysteroscopic, infrequent laparotomy procedures in the outpatient, inpatient, and in office settings )
- Unrestricted (back-up) Gyn call
- Academic collaboration with 32 OBGYN residents
- Collaboration with a skilled team of physicians and advanced practice providers
Located on the "medical mile," Corewell Health Butterworth Hospital, a Level I Trauma Center, has a full complement of adult medical and surgical subspecialists.
Requirements upon hire:
- Board Certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology (ABOG)
Additional responsibilities of the role:
- This position includes the expectation to perform both major and minor surgical management of patients as well as comprehensive medical management of gynecologic conditions. There are multiple outpatient surgical centers as well as in office procedure capabilities. Major surgeries can be performed in the outpatient surgery center with robust same day discharge program or at Butterworth hospital. Robotic access is not an issue, with multiple robots at the hospital and surgery center! All gynecologic subspecialties are available for patients including reproductive endocrinology and infertility, urogynecology, gynecologic oncology and minimally invasive gynecologic surgery. Medical and surgical teaching of residents is expected.
- Phone call and hospital based GYN coverage will be expected. Frequency is currently planned for 1 in 4 unrestricted (from home) back up hospital call with some weekend GYN rounding when on call.
Grand Rapids, Michigan, the second largest city in the state, is an urban community based in West Michigan, only 35 minutes from the shores of Lake Michigan! Grand Rapids boasts top rated public and private schools and is home to several professional sports teams. There are several colleges and universities in the area. Grand Rapids offers numerous recreational and cultural activities and has a thriving restaurant and brewery scene!