The Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) is seeking a Physician to help grow MUSC Community Geriatrics in Charleston, SC. The ideal candidate will be a patient-centered, compassionate team-player who is capable of providing the highest quality of care.
The number of people ages 65 and older in the Charleston tri-county area is projected to grow over the next five years to make up about 25% of the population, which is well above the national average. MUSC is a 750-bed tertiary referral enter with a level 1 trauma center that is committed to meeting the health care needs of this rapidly growing segment of our population.
- Completed an accredited Geriatrics fellowship and/or board certified or eligible in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine Collaborative and collegial demeanor with enthusiasm for teaching
- Leadership opportunities available for highly qualified and experienced candidates
- Ability to build your clinical schedule to fit your interests and preferences
- Expand and build a practice within a CCRC, including opportunity to serve as medical director
- Join a growing and collaborative group of physicians and APPs in the Community Geriatrics section of the Department of Family Medicine
- Excellent access to specialists and a robust internal referral network
- Strong collaboration throughout the institution including support from pharmacy, palliative and post-acute care
- Involvement in the teaching of medical students, family medicine residents, geriatric, and palliative care fellows
- MUSC Faculty Appointment (commensurate with experience)
- Excellent commencement bonus, competitive compensation and benefits
- Generous PTO, company holidays, and excellent retirement options
Charleston, South Carolina is a city where cobblestone streets weave between confection-colored antebellum mansions, and historic church steeples dot the skyline. It has been named the #1 city in the US multiple times by the readers of Conde Nast Traveler and Travel & Leisure. More than four million people visit our city each year to experience 90 miles of pristine coastline, and enjoy world-class shopping and culinary arts. Our region boasts a growing economy, top ranked schools, year-round outdoor activities, and some of the friendliest people in the country.
A day in Charleston:
MUSC Health, the clinical enterprise of the Medical University of South Carolina, sees more than one million patient encounters annually, and its specialized care teams consistently rank among the best in the country. This integrated health care system is accessible via its downtown Charleston campus, seven regional medical centers, more than 100 outreach locations, clinical affiliations with numerous health care partners, and a robust telehealth network. MUSC Health delivers transformational care shaped by world-class clinicians, health scientists, and educators who provide leading-edge care while developing the next generation of innovative health care leaders.
At MUSC Health, we empower our providers to transform expertise, learning and discovery into unrivaled patient-centered care, and to demonstrate our values of compassion, teamwork, diversity, accountability and innovation in everything we do.
We invite you to join the team committed to changing what’s possible in health care, and to do so in one of the most exciting cities in the country.
Recruitment Contact: Zoe Bleacher