Inpatient Pediatrician Hospitalist Opportunity in Anchorage Alaska! Come work for our award-winning organization.
Who We Are
Southcentral Foundation (SCF) is an Alaska Native-owned health care system providing a variety of services for 65,000 Alaska Native and American Indian people. SCF’s internationally recognized, relationship-based model of care was created from our belief that the journey to health is a partnership and a responsibility shared between the patient and provider. The partnership extends beyond the individual, to the family, the community, and to the world in which we live.Where We Live
Anchorage is surrounded by majestic snowcapped mountains, hundreds of miles of trails, downhill and cross-country ski areas, world-class fishing, and more. Anchorage is the largest city in Alaska, with a population of more than 300,000 people.
Alaska is known for its unique wildlife, beautiful summers (Anchorage averages 19.5 hours of sunlight a day), and breathtaking displays of the northern lights. If you enjoy the outdoors, socializing, and adventures, Alaska is the place for you!Why work for Southcentral Foundation Pediatric Team
Our benefits are designed around your health and needs. We offer employees one hour per week paid wellness leave, on-site fitness, and daycare facilities available.
Our clinic team environment is one of the robust in the country.
Our data-driven, non-RVU approach means that compensation is salary-based, encouraging a practice focused on health, not quantity. Our integrated and accessible approach to care makes your job easier. Our clinic coordinates patient care with integrated care teams that have access to multiple disciplines.Clinical Setting:Pediatric Teams
Pediatric hospitalists manage common disorders of childhood, to high acuity and medically complex children.Outpatient pediatricians
work in a supportive pediatric community that offers many opportunities for learning and networking, including weekly grand rounds.Field health pediatricians
care for patients from rural Alaska who are transitioning to and from Anchorage for their health care.Access to care
Electronic health records
Comprehensive formulary with on-site pediatric pharmacy
On-campus access to multi-disciplinary team of specialists: ENT, orthopedists, general/trauma surgeons, dental, behavioral health
Includes pediatric-specific specialists in:Pediatric Hospitalists
19-bed pediatric unit
12-bed level 2 NICU
16-bed well-baby nursery
Attendance of high risk deliveries
Phone consultations to outlying regions
Sedation/infusion service (supported with dedicated sedation RN)
Opportunities to travel to subregional clinics
APRN coverage available on wards and well-baby nursery
Schedule: 24/7 in-house coverage (12-hour night shift coverage)
No resident coverage
24/7 PICU backupInterdisciplinary team includes
: Child life specialistdischarge planner, and an RN case managerIntegrated care team onsite
- M.D. or D.O. degree required.
- Licensed as a Physician in the State of Alaska or the ability to be licensed prior to start date.
- Current American Board certification specialty appropriate for the service.
- Meets all requirements to obtain associate medical staff membership and required privileges of service.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification is required. PALS, ACLS, NRP, ATLS, and/or ALSO as required for specialty and any certification relating to the scope of practice as required.
Access to care
- Sign on bonus
- Relocation assistance
- Enhanced Leave Accrual
- One hour per week of paid wellness leave
- Malpractice coverage
- Employee-matched 401(K)
- License fee coverage
- Opportunities for advancement
- CDE Stipend with additional leave hours
- Student loan repayment options (NHSC, IHS)
- Generous Leave Package
- 13 paid holidays
- Electronic Health Record
- Complimentary formulary with on-site pharmacy
- Access to multi-disciplinary team including primary care providers, medical and surgical specialists, dental team, optometry clinic, and developmental therapists.
- On-site complimentary services such as traditional healing, complementary medicine, and health education center