HEADLINE: Long Island, New York (border of Nassau-Suffolk): One BE/BC Pulmonologist/CC physician is needed to join a busy and successful single-specialty group. They currently have eight Board Certified Pulmonary/CC physicians. The new Pulmonary/CC physician will do a mixture of in-hospital Pulmonary and Critical Care consultation service, follow ups, procedures and office based management. There will be a choice of two different work and call schedules. This practice will also try to accommodate the new physician’s preferences regarding work assignments. Sleep Medicine and teaching are both available and optional. $ Generous/very competitive financial compensation package.
LOCATION: Long Island, New York
- This practice is located on the border of Nassau and Suffolk County, Long Island.
- The new Pulmonary/Critical Care physician will have the option/choice of living in either Nassau County or Suffolk County.
- This is a very desirable location with an award winning school system.
- Enjoy living and working in a serene and scenic environment as Long Island.
- Their office and two hospitals are both located about a one hour commute to Manhattan. You will be able to take full advantage of and have easy access to the numerous and varied cultural, recreational, and educational activities/opportunities that New York City has to offer!
- One Board Eligible or Board Certified Pulmonary/Critical Care physician is needed to join a busy and successful single specialty private practice group.
- This practice currently has eight Board Certified Pulmonary/Critical Care physicians. One of their physicians is also Director of the Sleep Lab.
- The new Pulmonary/CC physician will do a mixture of in-hospital pulmonary and critical care consultation service, follow ups, procedures and office based management.
- This practice will try to accommodate the physician's preferences regarding work assignments.
- This excellent Pulmonary/CC opportunity is due to the growth and expansion of their practice, patient base and service area.
- This practice was established about seventeen years ago.
- Sleep Medicine: Sleep Medicine Certification would be a plus but is not a requirement.
- Teaching opportunities: For those Pulmonary/Critical Care physicians who want to do some teaching, there will be the opportunity to do so. Their medical center has a Family Practice Residency program that started in the summer of 2022 and an Internal Medicine Residency program that will start in the summer of 2023.
- They offer the following work and call schedule options:
- Work Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Weekend Call: She or he will be given a choice of a 1:3 or 1:4 weekend call schedule. If she or he chooses to take a Q-3 call schedule, then the salary will be appropriately increased.
- Weekday Call: It will be one weekday per week.
- Weekend Call: She or he will only cover one hospital.
- Shift Schedule: 7 days on / 7 days off
- The week that the physician is working a shift, the hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Call Schedule for the week working a Shift Schedule: The physician will be on call from Friday night until Monday morning. Night call will be very light with dedicated Mid-Level Providers (MLP) available 24/7 providing assistance covering the Pulmonary/CC physician’s patients.
- Hospital/Medical Center Information:
- The new Pulmonologist/Critical Care physician will perform pulmonary consults, admissions, and follow ups at a top-notch teaching and trauma medical center.
- For the Critical Care component, the new physician will work at an award winning, full service community hospital that provides comprehensive inpatient, outpatient, critical care and surgical services.
- The new physician will work in their closed Intensive Care Unit with 12 beds with 8 Step-down unit (SDU) beds. Average occupancy 75 - 80%. The new Pulmonary/CC physician will see patients and provide consults on the critical care patients.
- Availability: Pulmonary/CC fellows completing their training and available during the summer of 2023 and summer of 2024, as well as Pulmonary/CC physicians who are already in practice and have prior work experience are all welcome to apply and will all be strongly considered.
FINANCIAL COMPENSATION AND FUTURE EARNINGS: This successful and busy practice is offering:
- The starting base salary range is generous and very competitive for the Long Island area.
- Productivity Incentive Bonus: For both of the above described work schedules and call options, there will be a productivity incentive bonus. Depending upon how hard this physician is willing to work, it can increase significantly the earning potential of the incoming Pulmonologist/CC physician.
- The practice will provide a fringe benefits package which includes: malpractice insurance, health insurance, a 401K retirement plan, and paid time off.
INFORMATION REGARDING NEW YORK CITY:
- NEW YORK CITY (exceeding 8,930,000 million) is the most populous city in the United States! A key component to its strength is its diversity.
- New York City offers a broad range of educational opportunities. From public, private, parochial, and non-religious, all types of schooling are available. Its public school system is the largest in the nation. NYC boasts more than 100 institutions of higher learning. From public to private, college-level and post-graduate learning opportunities are endless!
- The recreational and sporting activities available in New York City are endless, appealing to all ages and ranging from Amusement Parks to the Bronx Zoo.
- With its educated, worldly, resourceful, and motivated population, New Yorkers comprise a city that is second to none! New York is the grandest, most dynamic, sophisticated and diverse city in the world!