Mercy Hospital, Durango Colorado
Orthopedic Surgeon Foot and Ankle
Pay Range $238.51/Hr - $486.28/Hr
Welcome to Centura Health
The same incredible caregivers. The same compassionate care. The same dedication to advancing health for all people, including the most vulnerable. This location is one of 20 Centura Health hospitals and 240 care sites across Colorado, Utah and Kansas that are proudly becoming part of CommonSpirit Health.
Flourishing Begins Here
Join a growing Orthopedic practice in beautiful southwest Colorado. We are seeking a BC/BE fellowship trained orthopedic foot & ankle surgeon to join our group at Mercy Hospital in Durango Colorado.
Our practice current includes 4 orthopedic surgeons (generalist and subspecialists), 1 podiatrist, and 1 Family Medicine Sports Medicine physician. We have 6 (soon 8) PAs on our team who support the practice and individual physicians.
More about the Orthopedic Surgeon (Foot and Ankle) role:
- Regional medical center servicing the Four Corners with a catchment population of ~200,000
- Competitive compensation package with sign-on bonus
- 2-yr guarantee
- Opportunity to buy-in to a soon to be built outpatient surgery center, co-venturing with the hospital and employed and non-employed physicians
- Orthopedic trauma call expected at 1:5 ratio
- Practice location is attached to the hospital and the surgery center will be on campus
As a physician-facing organization, our Physician Group is passionate about high-value, top quality care made accessible in every community we serve. Our resources include supply chain expertise, technology implementation trainers, contracting experts, centralized credentialing, financial reporting/modeling and communication – so providers can spend their time doing what matters most – caring for patients and serving their communities.
Our Physicians provide services at or above the customary practice standards in the Community, and within the qualifications and experience of Physician and adhere to the standards and principles of medical ethics of the American Medical Association, and all recognized associations or accrediting boards concerned with Physician’s area of medical specialty.
What You Bring/Job Requirements
In addition to bringing your whole self to the workplace each day, qualified Orthopedic Surgeon candidates will need the following:
- Completed a residency or fellowship commensurate with area of specialty.
- Obtained and currently maintain an unrestricted Drug Enforcement Agency (“DEA”) registration
- Board certified or eligible in the appropriate specialty, by a board acceptable to Hospital
- Medical Staff Privileges within the Health system, at sponsoring institution
- Doctorate MD or DO, required
- DR-Current and unrestricted license to practice medicine in applicable state, required
Physical Requirements - Medium Work - (Exert up to 50lbs force occasionally, and/or up to 20lbs frequently, and/or up to 10lbs constantly)
Your Connected Community
The Medical Staff at Mercy Hospital is diverse and specialized for a community and hospital of our size. We have many subspecialists, including infectious disease, to help care for your patients. It is collegial, forward thinking, and dedicated to providing excellent patient care, while also being able to enjoy everything the Southwest has to offer.
Durango, CO is a beautiful and ideal place to live and raise a family. Enjoy all the outdoors has to offer including world class mountain biking, kayaking, skiing locally at Purgatory and nearby Telluride, hiking, camping, horseback riding, etc. We have the mountains, and the deserts of Southeast Utah and Northeast Arizona are not far away, including Moab. Excellent public and charter school opportunities. Durango is also known for its restaurants which provide ample excellent dining opportunities.
Caring for Your Whole Well Being
We offer incredible benefits that impact mind, body, and spirit to eligible associates. Our total rewards are designed with your well-being in mind and include Health Insurance Plan Options, Dental, Vision, 401K with generous matching, a Daycare FSA that includes a company contribution, Tuition Reimbursement, Student Loan Forgiveness and so much more! While you are applying be sure to also consider our generous benefits packages as part of your overall compensation!