JOB LOCATION: Oakland, California
JOB TYPE: Full Time (half-administrative and half-clinical practice)
OUR RESIDENCY PROGRAM MISSION:
Our mission is to train compassionate, skilled, and socially responsible obstetricians and gynecologists who practice thoughtful evidence-based medicine. Our program strives to advance women s health care and health equity through advocacy, research, quality improvement, community outreach and the intentional recruitment and retention of under-represented minority physicians in medicine. We are dedicated to providing excellent care to the diverse Oakland community and to engaging in ongoing struggles for reproductive and social justice.
We offer an academically rigorous curriculum that aims to prepare graduates with foundational knowledge and skills necessary for both generalist and fellowship career paths. Our residency is grounded in a culture of respect and promotes teamwork, interdisciplinary partnerships, and professionalism. Our dynamic cultural humility and health equity curriculum equips our residents and faculty with the abilities to address personal biases, to work toward closing health disparity gaps, and to improve the quality of care for our patients. We value the pursuit of individual passions and strive to cultivate professional growth through strong peer and faculty mentorship.
Kaiser Oakland ObGyn Residency Website
Our ideal candidate is committed to working with a diverse group of residents and providing excellent comprehensive patient care to our East Bay community while upholding the mission statement of our residency program. As the Program Director, you will play a pivotal role maintaining a supportive learning environment for our residents through teaching, clinical care, mentoring and working in multi-disciplinary groups. You will play a crucial role in shaping the future of healthcare with an impact both locally and broadly, as you lead and direct our Kaiser Oakland Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency Program.
- Administration and operations
- Teaching and scholarly activity
- Resident recruitment and selection
- Resident evaluation, and promotion, and disciplinary action
- Supervision of residents
- Resident education in the context of patient care
- Board Certified by American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Minimum of three years post-residency participation as an active faculty member in an ACGME-accredited OBGYN residency program
- Valid California Medical License or be eligible for California Medical License
- Graduate Medical Education (GME) experience
Kaiser Permanente is an integrated health care delivery system comprised of Kaiser Foundation Hospitals (KFH), Kaiser Foundation Health Plan (KFHP), and physicians in the Permanente Medical Groups. Today we serve more than 12 million members in nine states and the District of Columbia. Our mission is to provide high-quality, affordable health care services and to improve the health of our members and the communities we serve. The Kaiser Permanente Oakland service area is highly diverse and serves a population of 587,090.
- Diverse patient population
- Physician Wellness Program
- Competitive salary with excellent benefits and retirement package
- A high-tech environment that includes video visits and other Kaiser Permanente supported mobile device options
- Mentorship Program
- Paid Time Off (additional time worked may be paid or accrued and taken as time off)
- Malpractice insurance coverage
- Home Loan Program & Relocation Assistance (approval required)
- Leadership and teaching opportunities
- Shareholder in approximately 3 years
- If you are interested in applying for this position, please notify Bernice Whitaker via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please provide the following documents in a PDF file with subject line ObGyn PD Position to be considered for an interview:
1. Curriculum Vitae (CV)
2. Letter of intent addressing how you are uniquely qualified for this position, specifically commenting on how you plan to further the vision and mission of the residency program
3. At least 2 letters of recommendation
- The overall interview process will occur on a rolling basis.
- The position is half-administrative and half-clinical practice and is an ambulatory and/or Obstetrics position. We are not currently able to support a full-scope generalist or surgical sub-specialist clinical practice.
We are an EOE/AA/M/F/D/V Employer | VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Full-time annual salary range is $312,600 to $330,000 plus additional potential incentives up to $59,400*. Reduced schedules with pro-rated compensation may be available. *Some incentive opportunities are estimates based on potential premium pay.