CHRISTUS Health is seeking a full-time core faculty position in a well-established community-based residency program with an affiliation with renowned academic institutes. We are seeking a dynamic board-certified DO or MD family physician who will provide full scope, high quality clinical care for patients and families, as well as the teaching and supervision of medical students and residents in both inpatient and outpatient settings. Faculty are given protected time for administrative and scholarly activity and both faculty and residents enjoy the collaboration and support of 24-hour intensivists and laborists in our ICU and L&D. Our faculty physicians model a community-oriented, culturally sensitive approach to caring for patients and families with a commitment to health equity and reducing barriers to care.
We are a 30-resident program with motivated and diverse faculty and residents. We are affiliated with Texas A&M University School of Medicine and also educate medical students from the University of Incarnate Word School of Osteopathic Medicine and University of Texas Health San Antonio Long School of Medicine. Our residents are trained in full-spectrum Family Medicine care and graduate to practice in a wide variety of settings including academic medicine, fellowships, hospitalists, rural settings, DPC clinics, and more. We offer competitive compensation package with benefits in a family-friend and culturally active city. San Antonio is the 7th largest city in the nation but has a small-town vibe and is known for booming economy, low cost of living, and mild winters.
- Provides direct patient care for patients of all ages, including low risk prenatal care, labor management, and deliveries in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team of professionals.
- Supervises and teaches residents and medical students in the ambulatory and inpatient environments.
- Participates in inpatient/OB faculty hospital on-call rotation.
- Provides didactic presentations, case discussions and procedural training.
- Serves as a faculty advisor for residents regarding career and educational goals.
- Participates in quality improvement teams, work groups and committees
- Content leader for designated areas of the residency program curriculum.
- Engages in scholarly activities as defined by the ACGME and promotes scholarly opportunities for residents
- Competitive salary with wRVU production
- Sign - on bonus
- Retirement with employer match
- CME allowance and protected time away for CME
- Medical, Dental & Vision benefits
- Paid time away from practice