Virginia Mason Franciscan Health is looking for aBC/BE Hematologist-Medical Oncologistto join our growing practice at Virginia Mason Medical Center in downtown Seattle, WA.
We are a busy practice of nine Hematologists/Medical Oncologists who are part of a multi-specialty hospital-based physician group. We are seeking a Hematologist/General Oncologist focused physician to round out the practiceResponsibilities
- Hematology & Oncology group includes 9 MDs and 1 ARNP, all of whom are generalists with at least one Oncologic area of interest
- The position requires a general Hematologist & Medical Oncologist whose practice will be located solely at the downtown Seattle clinic and hospital
- Excellent nursing and overall clinic support
- Extensive program of multi-disciplinary cancer conferences including Breast, Thoracic, GI, Hepatobiliary, Urologic, Prostate and Dermatology/Sarcoma
Infusion clinics in downtown Seattle and Federal Way, WA
- Extensive clinical trial portfolio including investigator-initiated and cooperative group trial opportunities
- VM is the longest-running accredited Academic Commission on Cancer (CoC) program in the Western United States
- The cancer program oversees 2800 analytic cancer cases per year, plus an additional 20% non-analytic cases
- Board Certified/Board Eligible in Hematology and Medical Oncology
- Ability to obtain medical license in Washington State
- Ability to obtain DEA will full prescriptive authority for the subspecialty
About Virginia Mason
Virginia Mason Franciscan Health brings together two award winning health systems in Washington State CHI Franciscan and Virginia Mason. As one integrated health system with the most patient access points in western Washington our team includes 18,000 staff and nearly 5,000 employed physicians and affiliated providers. At Virginia Mason Franciscan Health you will find the safest and highest quality of care provided by our expert, compassionate medical care team at 11 hospitals and nearly 300 sites throughout the greater Puget Sound region. Our integrated health system has nearly 1,500 hospital beds including Bailey-Boushay House, the first skilled-nursing and outpatient chronic care management program in the United States designed specifically to meet the needs of people with HIV/AIDS; Benaroya Research Institute, internationally recognized for autoimmune disease research; and Virginia Mason Institute, a teaching organization which coaches health care professionals and others around the world in the Virginia Mason Production System, an innovative lean management method for improving quality and safety.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We commit to fostering an equitable, diverse and intentionally inclusive environment we strive for all to feel valued, respected and that they belong. Our unique life experiences and backgrounds make our patient care extraordinary. Our diversity fuels our culture of innovation and transformative health care. Our differences are our strengths and inspire a promising future.
Living in the Pacific Northwest
Located in the Pacific NW, Seattle is an area with a mild climate year round and close to the great outdoors where we enjoy an abundance of activities with our close proximity to the waters of Puget Sound and surrounding mountains. City life and cultural activities are also thriving. With a variety of neighborhoods and areas to work and live, there are many choices for the type of lifestyle you d like to enjoy.
While you re busy caring for your patients, we ll take care of you and your family with benefits
- Medical/dental/vision insurance plans
- Relocation assistance, if eligible
- Flexible Spending Account or Health Savings Account
- Prescription program
- Employer paid life insurance
- Short and long term disability programs
- Time away
- As a non profit; VMFH is eligible for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Commuter benefits
- Bright Horizons programs; support for children, pets dependent adults and household needs
- Mental health and well-being programs
- and More!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer