Adult Outpatient Psychiatrist - Call 1:10 (Telephonic Call)
Our Vision and Where You Fit In:
Centra values integrity, excellence, respect, and diversity. As we pursue our mission to improve the health and quality of life for the communities we serve, we want to make certain we consistently reflect each of these values in our service and interactions with our patients, their loved ones, and others. We continue to demonstrate excellence as our leapfrog scores and gains over the past two years are impressive! You will find our non-profit, provider-led health system to be an organization that encourages collaboration, new ideas, and success. Every employee has a "voice" here at Centra, and our "just cause" initiative ensures that each person will be heard.
Our location is ideal. Positioned in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains and close to the Appalachian trail, you will be surrounded by beauty and endless opportunities for outdoor adventures. Our hospitality is notable. Our dedication to our mission of inspiring hope and advancing health and healing is ongoing. You can thrive and make a difference here at Centra!
You Can Expect
- A multidisciplinary, collegial team: psychiatrists, psychologists NPs and counselors
- Robust, comprehensive behavioral health ambulatory services
- Call is 1:10 and shared for the Psychiatry and Behavioral Health service line. Most call is telecall. Overnight call is not for admissions.
- Weekend rounding only when on call; Hospitalists cover inpatient unit on weekdays and Nocturnist for overnight admissions 7 days/week.
- Inpatient admission call falls exclusively to Array (external agency)
- Mentoring for new hire physicians (includes education, shadowing, orienting to practice areas, system processes, service line expectations,etc. Volume will be ramped up slowly and individualized.)
- Hospital Employed
- Teaching Opportunities Available
- Vacation: 5.5 weeks
- Transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) and Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT) available
Centra’s Psychiatry and Behavioral Health provide important mental health services to our community through a variety of programs. We offer inpatient programs which include Acute Psychiatric Program for Children & Adolescents, an Adult Psychiatric Program, and a Geriatric Psychiatric Program. We also provide ambulatory services through Piedmont Psychiatric Center, Centra Pathways Treatment Center for persons with substance use disorders related problems and Consult Liaison Services with two hospitals in Lynchburg. In addition, we have our new Psychiatric Emergency Center (emPATH) at LGH opening in the fall of 2023. This will be the first one in VA!
About Centra Medical Group
Centra Medical Group (CMG) is composed of 500+ Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers and serves over 250,000 central and southern Virginians. CMG offers an integrated healthcare system, including 4 hospitals, 70+ physician practices, including primary care, medical, and surgical specialists. At Centra Medical Group you will find the kind of leadership (physician-led) and partnerships necessary to thrive in today’s healthcare marketplace. CMG fosters a vibrant, collaborative team environment with a strong priority on physician satisfaction.
Centra is continuing to grow, with plans to expand into a larger campus in the next few years. These plans include the construction of a new specialty office building, which will house the Brain and Spine programs along with other surgical specialists. In addition, a new 5-story patient care tower will house an additional 100 patients at Lynchburg General Hospital. The LGH Emergency Department will be replaced and incorporated as part of the new Northeast Tower. The new Emergency department will include 71 treatment rooms, five trauma bays, and four imaging rooms. Enhancements will include a split flow model of care to expedite and enhance patient experience of care, an integrated EmPATH psychiatric patient space, super track/imaging/results lounge and improved connectivity and utilization of the ED observation unit.
Details on Physician Benefits
Top tier compensation range
- Additional Benefits Package will include:
- 403(b) and 457(b) tax deferred savings plan; Immediate vested employer contribution match
- Health benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, and Supplemental)
- Incentives tied to quality/safety, team engagement, patient satisfaction, citizenship, and finance metrics
- Production premiums
- Sign-on Bonus
- Up to 100k Student loan repayment
- Up to 10k relocation assistance
- Up to $7,500 CME reimbursement + 5 days for CMEs
- Sponsorship Available
- Opportunities for leadership and advancement
- Strong support from executive leadership including physician leadership training programs and opportunities to lead the organization to become a zero harm institution
- As a nonprofit organization, Centra employees may qualify for the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness program
Farmville is an easy scenic drive one hour drive to each metropolitan area of Lynchburg, Richmond, and Charlottesville. It is also a convenient 3 hour drive to both Washington, DC and Virginia Beach! This quiet community offers a variety of outdoor recreational activities, arts and entertainment opportunities and a unique shopping venue in the historic downtown district. A charming, collegiate atmosphere is what you will find as it is home to both Longwood University and Hampden-Sydney College.This opportunity can truly set you up to make a difference and be a vital part of a community in a way that metro-area practices can’t always provide. It’s also a chance for you to advance your own quality of life.
Our caregivers at Centra are the most valuable asset we have, and it is our mission and commitment to build and sustain a diverse and inclusive environment. When recruiting and retaining talent at Centra, our hiring needs are based on matching a candidates job qualifications with our job requirements and department needs without regard to race, color, age, religion or belief, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Centra is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.
Be yourself. Be a partner with Centra.