Orthopedic Trauma Surgeon
Benefis Health System, a large level II trauma center and regional tertiary referral center in Great Falls, Montana, is seeking an Orthopedic Trauma Surgeon to join our dedicated team of 8 orthopedic surgeons and 4 surgical advanced practice providers.
- Combination of inpatient traumatologist duties including full spectrum orthopedic services, rounding, consults, and dedicated OR block time
- Scheduled is typically Monday Friday with shared group call
- Stable, long term orthopedic team includes: current part time traumatologist, generalists, total joint revisionists, shoulder, sports med, and hand surgeons, mid-level support + neurosurgical spine for potential patient handoffs if desired
- 10 main ORs + ASC, 2 Davinci robots with O-arm and Hana table
- 33 bed emergency department with 3 large trauma bays, CT scan staffed 24/7 and 2 dedicated board-certified physicians on shift at all hours
- In house air ambulance program with fixed wing and rotor wing for inbound and outbound transport
- Dedicated ICU intensivists 24/7 in 21 bed mixed-ICU
- Robust hospitalist team, including swing and night shift admitters
Why we stand out
- Stand alone, financially stable, not-for-profit health system
- Regional tertiary center with robust specialty support including neurosurgery, pulmonology, neurology, endocrinology, rheumatology, advanced gastroenterology, cardiothoracic, and more!
- Patient focused, quality medical care
How we support you
- Competitive salary + bonus structure
- 8 weeks paid time off (6 PTO, 2 CME)
- Generous sign-on / relocation bonus
- Annual $5,000 CME + $1,000 license/dues
- 5-7% retirement match + 457b program
- Paid malpractice + tail
- Physician wellness programs focused on personal and professional development
- Monthly meetings with highest-level physician and administrative leadership to bring ideas forward and solve issues
Community Information: Great Falls is known as Montana s base camp for art and adventure with a city population of 60,000, and a draw of over 275,000 people in north central Montana. We have four genuine seasons, experience mild winters and enjoy blue skies over 300 days per year. Great Falls is a wonderful and safe place to raise a family, with nationally ranked public schools, two accredited colleges, and a new not-for-profit medical school, TouroCOM Montana, opening Summer 2023. Additionally, the Missouri River, a blue-ribbon fly-fishing destination, runs through the middle of our community with over 60 miles of paved recreational trails. Our local outdoor activities include camping, hiking, horseback riding, water and snow skiing, rock and ice climbing, boating, paddle boarding, kayaking, off-road motor sports, and hunting making our quality of life unrivaled in the Rocky Mountain West. Additionally, in 2023, Montana was named #1 state in the nation to practice medicine by WalletHub and in 2020, Great Falls ranked #10 for best cities to practice in after the pandemic by Business Insider.
Benefis Health System is one of Montana s largest tertiary centers holding a level II Trauma designation. We are proud to be a standalone, financially stable community health system with strong, dedicated leadership focused on providing the best patient care in Montana, in addition to being awarded Becker s Best Places To Work in Healthcare 6 years in a row. Benefis covers of the state s land mass, an area comparable in size to Kansas and can provide care for everything except for burns and organ transplants. We offer great specialty support including 4 neurosurgeons, a cardiothoracic and vascular program, a regional cancer institute and a brand-new emergency department with a dedicated air ambulance program, including fixed and rotor wing.
Contact us today to learn more! email@example.com