We are seeking a Board Certified Cardiothoracic Surgeon to join our progressive practice in Rapid City
Recruiting a team player with excellent work ethic and clinical skills.
With a team of board certified physicians, skilled support staff and excellent facilities, Monument Health Heart & Vascular Institute offers a full spectrum of cardiovascular care.
This position will be a mix of Cardiac, Thoracic, and Vascular care. The successful candidate will be a team player with excellent work ethic and clinical skills and passion for outstanding quality. Mentorship available for a junior surgeon that meets the qualifications. This provider will be joining 1 cardiac surgeon and 8 advance practice providers (to include nocturnal APP coverage).
Monument Health Heart and Vascular Institute is on the leading edge of procedures offered to include CABG – including beating heart surgery, complex mitral valve repairs and replacements, AVRs & TAVRs, complex thoracic aortic surgery including aortic root surgery, arrhythmia surgery including hybrid A-fib maze procedures (convergent), ECMO, open and VATS lobectomy, mediastinal surgery, carotid endarterectomy, lower and upper extremity bypass surgery, EVARs and open AAA repairs.
Monument Health Heart & Vascular Institute is the region’s premier group of cardiovascular specialists:
- 10 Non-interventional Cardiologists
- 5 Interventional Cardiologists
- 2 Electrophysiologists
- Annual volumes:
- Growing program with 700+ Cardiac, Thoracic, and Vascular Surgery cases in the last 12 months
- 130+ CABG
- 50+ Valve Repair/Replace
- 50+ Carotid/Femoral Endarterectomy
- 40+ Convergent Ablation Surgery
- 2500+ Cath Lab Procedures
- Including 250 Structural Heart Interventions
- 1300+ EP Lab Procedures
- 12 operation rooms (2 dedicated to cardiac surgery), 2 Hybrid rooms, 2 da Vinci Robotic Systems
- Comprehensive Cardiovascular Quality Assessment/Quality Improvement (GA/GI) Program with active registry participation. This includes participation in STS Adult Cardiac Surgery, NCDR CP/MI, NCDR Cath/PCI, NCDR Device Implant Registry, NCDR TVT, SVS Vascular Quality Initiative, AHA Get with the Guidelines A-Fib and NCDR LAAO registries
- Call shared equally amongst the Cardiothoracic Surgeon partners
- Continued investment in the cardiovascular service line as a top strategic program
- Comprehensive EP program offering the full spectrum of treatment for electrical heart disease
- Dedicated Structural heart program offering transcatheter aortic valve replacement, left atrial appendage occlusion, PFO/ASD closure, MitraClip, and transcatheter mitral valve implantation
- Rapid City Hospital Cardiac Cath Lab performs diagnostic and interventional coronary angiograms, complex coronary percutaneous coronary interventions and chronic total occlusions (CTOs), diagnostic and interventional peripheral angiograms (upper/lower extremity, abdominal), limb salvage cases, endovascular aneurysm repair (EVAR), venograms, IVC stenting and thrombolysis
- Robust cardiovascular clinical research program currently enrolling in over 20 clinical trials
- Established cardiac rehab program, anticoagulation clinic, lipid, lifestyle medicine, and heart failure programs. Active work toward establishing an advanced heart failure clinic and hospital service.
Monument Health offers an excellent benefits package and highly competitive compensation:
- Retention bonus
- Starting bonus
- Competitive 2-year salary guarantee
- Quarterly productivity bonus
- CME, relocation, & moving stipend
- Health, dental, life, vision, disability
- Company funded retirement plan
About Rapid City
The Black Hills is a picturesque part of the country well known for its national monuments, outdoor activities, family friendly adventures and welcoming communities. Communities in the Black Hills experience all four seasons – all are breathtaking and filled with fun events and leisurely activities. Summer is a fantastic opportunity to hike the scenic trails and swim in the beautiful lakes. Autumn is the time of year when many throughout our region enjoy scenic drives through areas such as Spearfish Canyon and the Badlands Loop. There are lots of fall festivals and events with chili cook-offs, pumpkin-carving contests and productions put on by local theater groups. Winter and spring in the Black Hills have no shortage of outdoor and indoor activities. These seasons offer a multitude of ways to explore, including exceptional downhill and cross-country skiing, snowmobiling, ice skating and hockey.
Please contact Carrie Hulbert at email@example.com / 605-755-9072 today for more information on becoming a part of this award-winning team!