Join Equum Medical and be a driving force in revolutionizing acute care telehealth. As an innovative leader in the healthcare technology industry, Equum Medical is dedicated to transforming how patients access critical medical services.
Our cutting-edge telehealth solutions empower healthcare professionals to deliver exceptional care remotely, bridging gaps in accessibility and enhancing patient outcomes. By joining our dynamic team, you will have the unique opportunity to shape the future of acute care telehealth, significantly impacting countless individuals' lives while pushing the boundaries of what's possible in modern healthcare. We also promote flexible scheduling to help maintain work/life balance and long-term career sustainability. Together, let's lead the way in providing seamless, high-quality care to patients when they need it most.Position Summary:
The Tele-Cardiologist provides direct and compassionate virtual care to patients in the hospital or ED setting through telemedicine. You will be managing the patients in collaboration with an on-site team to develop a comprehensive plan of care.
Provide Cardiology support to a defined patient population via telephone/video camera. Use critical thinking to monitor, assess, plan, and support patient care in a collaborative design with bedside multi-disciplinary clinical care teams. Apply your Cardiology experience and defined processes to identify patient care needs and resolve any risks or barriers to effective and efficient care delivery. Work to solve problems and effectively communicate and partner in virtual care delivery. As a customer facing representative of the company, work to develop and promote long term relationships with the site to solidify positive staff and patient experience and drive improved clinical outcomes.Key Responsibilities:
- Conducting pro-active Cardiology rounds including but not limited to:
- Diagnose and treat disorders and diseases of the Cardiovascular System
- Daily rounding
- Reviewing of laboratory, medication, and imaging data
- Prescribe appropriate pharmaceutical and treatment regimens based on the patient’s medical condition.
- Instituting and managing local hospital care protocols
- Family discussions
- Interacting and communicating effectively with all members of the patient care team including their local physicians
- Instituting early treatment to prevent clinical deterioration.
- Liaison with bedside teams to help provide Cardiology expertise in real time to augment delivery of patient care.
- Actively participating in quality initiatives as directed by Equum’s Physician leadership team
- Accessing and utilizing the EMR, patient records, vital signs, and other decision support tools to provide high-quality care for Cardiology patients.
- Fosters teamwork and communication among all internal and external constituencies involved in patient care.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from patient care providers.
- Must have the ability to work independently and in a collaborative means.
- Previous computer experience required and comfort with EMR
- Proactive communication to other members of the patient’s team
- ACLS Certification
- Valid DEA Certificate
- Hospital / ED experience
- Reliable high speed home internet
- 12-hour day and night shifts/call
- Demonstrated proficiency in cardiology skills
- Ability to think critically in diagnosing clinical problems and defining interventions.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Proficiency in computer documentation and navigation
- Graduate from an accredited School of Medicine or EC FMG certification.
- Board-Certification or Board-Eligibility in Cardiology, if not board certified at hire, candidate must be board certified within two (2) years of entrance into the position.
- Ability to obtain a state Medical License in geographies in which services are provided.
- Qualified to obtain local hospital privileges.
In addition to a base salary, this position is eligible for 401k, and benefits (subject to eligibility requirements). Total compensation is based on several factors, including type of position, location, education level, work experience, and certifications. This information is applicable for all full-time positions.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We do not discriminate against any job candidate or employee based on age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status, or pregnancy. Equum Medical respects your privacy and is committed to maintaining the confidentiality and security of your personal information.