The Program Director will work to establish the strategic direction of the program and will share responsibility for maintaining the standards, quality and reputation of the Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Residency Program. The Program Director will demonstrate commitment to medical education and to developing clinical expertise in future PMR practitioners. Key Responsibilities for the Program Director:
- Assist with creating, preparing and implementing a comprehensive, effective, and well-organized educational curriculum
- Ensure the administration of high quality didactic and clinical education in cooperation with the Associate Program Director and Program Coordinator.
- Facilitate and manage external training and educational experiences
- Assist with program faculty development, particularly focused on scholarly activity, educational expertise and resident assessment in the context of the Milestones
- Work with the Associate Program Director and Program Coordinator for the annual recruitment and selection of program candidates through the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP)
- Ensure compliance with both the Institutional and ACGME stated requirements and expectations
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures consistent with the institutional and program requirements (e.g., resident clinical and educational work hours, clinical work environment, etc.)
- Organize/Participate in regular evaluation of the program’s residents and faculty in relation to the educational objectives of the program and the ACGME’s milestones for Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Manage the assessment of the professionalism, technical competence and clinical capabilities of each resident using the Milestones as a guide
- Be well-versed on all residency educational requirements both internal and external to include residency training milestones, ACGME procedure and rotation requirements, ABPMR requirements.
- Work closely with the Program Coordinator on managing resident schedules and implementation of the didactic and clinical curriculum
- Work closely with the Program Coordinator to manage and monitor the Program Website and other social media sites relevant to the program
- Participating in departmental leadership meetings; Neurosciences and system meetings as request
- Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine from an appropriately accredited institution.
- Must be board certified in PM&R
- Extensive successful experience in clinical or professional practice in an area of specialization, or in a subdivision of the specialty area, and in working with and/or directing others (such as professionals, faculty members, residents/students, etc.) in clinical activities in the field
- At least three years of documented PM&R expertise
Preferred Experience, Skills, Training, Education:
- Documented educational, clinical and/or administrative experience in an ACGME accredited residency/fellowship program.
- Documented scholarly activity/participation, within the past five years, in at least one of the following areas listed below:
- Publication of original research or review articles in peer-reviewed journals, or chapters in textbooks,
- Publication or presentation of case reports or clinical series at local, regional, or national professional and scientific society meetings; or
- Participation in national committees or educational organizations
- Membership in AAP or AAPMR
- Sign-on and Performance Bonuses
- Competitive compensation plan
- Fully paid malpractice with tail coverage
- Multiple health insurance plans
- Defined Pension Plan
- Fully Covered Relocation Services
Rochester has been ranked the 3rd best place to live in New York and as the 26th best place to live among the 150 most populous metro areas in the United States.
The Rochester area feature excellent public and private schools, and a variety of housing options. As the third-largest city in New York State, Rochester offers a diverse cultural as well as easy access to travel, and year-round recreational opportunities with the Finger Lakes, the Adirondacks, and surrounding ski-resorts and state parks. The Greater Rochester area boasts a thriving food, brewery, and winery culture, exceptional college and universities and is one of the top golf destinations in America.