Join a team focused on quality and patient safety at UPMC Altoona and Bedford Hospitals. Our Emergency Medicine department is seeking an Emergency Medicine physician to share shifts at both hospitals. Both hospitals are staffed with additional Advanced Provider support (Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner) coverage daily. Qualified candidates will be board-eligible, or board-certified in Emergency Medicine.
UPMC Altoona is a:
- 400-bed hospital serving 50,000 ED patients a year
- 4-star CMS hospital with an A grade in hospital safety.
- Accredited HeartCARE center, cardiac cath lab & chest pain center
- Accredited breast imaging center of excellence
- Thrombectomy capable stroke center
- Type 2 diabetes honor roll
- Lung cancer screening center
- Stroke honor roll and stroke Gold Plus award recipient
UPMC Bedford is a
- 40-bed hospital serving 18,000 ED patients a year
- Fully accredited by the Joint Commission
- Leapfrog A grade for hospital safety recipient every year since 2018
- Joint Commission accredited acute stroke ready hospital
- ACR designated lung cancer screening center
- CAP accredited lab.
Qualifications - Internal
Active Pennsylvania Medical Licensure