Seeking a radiation oncologist to join a well-established private practice in Augusta, GA to replace retiring senior partner. Qualified Candidates:
- Must be ABR Board eligible or Board certified in radiation oncology
- Must have or be able to obtain a Medical License in Georgia and South Carolina. Practice manager will assist with licensing.
- Compensation: Initial salary will be commensurate with candidate experience and regional norms. Option to include group health insurance and retirement plan.
- Time off: Four weeks paid vacation. Additionally, physicians usually one full day or two half-days off per week, though variable when a partner is on vacation.
About the Practice:
- Partnership opportunity: After one year of employment, the candidate will have the opportunity to gain partnership in the group. Time to full partnership will vary based on experience (up to a maximum 2 additional years for new graduates).
- General description of group: four physicians, one physician extender. We are the only private practice radiation oncology group in the region.
- Practice locations: Three centers total. Doctors Hospital of Augusta is the primary practice location, but the group also covers another center in Augusta and one (part time) in nearby Aiken, SC.
- Call: shared equally amongst the physicians. After hours/weekend call duties are extremely infrequent.
- Patient Mix and Volume: Each physician sees approximately 6-10 consults per week. Each physician has approximately 25-30 patients currently on treatment at any given time. Referrals from the community are typically made to the group rather than to individual physicians, and consults are spread equally among physicians. Physicians do not sub-specialize and generally treat all disease sites, with the exception of GYN and Pediatrics.
- Treatment planning: Highly competent and experienced dosimetrists and physicists on site at each location. All treatment planning systems offer remote access for convenience. Planning systems in use are Varian Eclipse, Accuracy, Precision, and Leksell GammaPlan.
- Equipment: The three centers covered have among them Varian Trilogy, Varian Trubeam, Varian Edge, Accuracy Tomotherapy, Accuracy Cyberknife S7, Varian HDR Remote Afterloader, and Leksell Gamma Knife.
About Doctors Hospital of Augusta:
- EMR: Radiation centers use Varian Aria EMR. Affiliate hospitals use Epic, Cerner PowerChart, and Meditech.
- Doctors Hospital is a full service, 354-bed acute care hospital serving Augusta and the surrounding area known as the CSRA (Central Savannah River Area).
- Leading the way in robotic surgery, advanced orthopedic procedures, emergency care, general and vascular surgery, and women s services, we have expert physicians our patients can rely on, who are committed to excellent outcomes in a safe environment.
- Doctors Hospital was recognized by Healthgrades as one of America s 50 Best Hospitals in Surgical Care in 2022, along with numerous Healthgrades excellence awards, demonstrating a culture of excellence and safety.
- Doctors Hospital is a Level II Trauma Center and Bariatric Center of Excellence as designated by the American College of Surgeons, accredited by the Commission on Cancer, and is certified in Primary Stroke Care, Stroke Rehab, and Total Joint Care by the Joint Commission.
- As the home of the largest burn center in the United States, the Joseph M. Still Burn Center, Doctors Hospital provides complex and comprehensive burn and wound care for more than 3,000 patients from across the country each year.
Join a community in the second largest city in Georgia! Doctors Hospital is centrally located in Augusta in the Central Savannah River Area (CSRA), with surrounding cities like Evans, Martinez, Grovetown, Harlem, Appling, Thomson, North Augusta, Aiken and more! The area is one of the fastest growing communities in the state of Georgia. Augusta is a rare find a perfect mix of nature, history, diversified industry, and excellent housing value. The area also has a thriving art scene and vibrant downtown life with restaurants, shops, and bars that all add to the high quality of life. There is also year-round golf, as one would expect, with Augusta being the home to the Masters Golf Tournament each year.
The CSRA is the perfect place to live for those who love outdoor activities with family and friends. The mild climate allows for year-round outdoor activities including kayaking in the Savannah River or Augusta Canal, and swimming, boating, fishing and more in Clark s Hill Lake (aka Strom Thurmond). Money Magazine named Evans, Georgia, as the #1 Best Place to Live in America. These amenities along with a strong public school system is a part of the many reasons you should consider Doctors Hospital for your next healthcare career.