About Casper and Wyoming
Breathe the fresh air of Wyoming. Casper is located in the heart of the Cowboy State and is a hub for outdoor recreational activities. Casper has beautiful landscapes to get lost in. Whether it be Casper Mountain, the North Platte River, or Fremont Canyon’s rock walls, this year-round destination spot will satisfy the explorer’s quest for earth’s natural, untouched beauty. Lead a healthy and active outdoor lifestyle with activities such as biking, fishing, hunting, hiking, rock climbing, skiing, and boating, just to name a few. Casper is a vibrant and family-friendly community and able to offer a wide variety of amenities while maintaining a small-town identity.
About the Outpatient Physician Position
- Communicate and interact appropriately and courteously with internal and external customers
- Assess, plan, implement, and evaluate care based on age-specific components
- Administer medications and procedures per established policies and guidelines
- Maintain confidentiality of written, electronic, and verbal patient/resident/employee information
- Work and function within a safe manner, including infection control and operation of equipment
- Utilize nursing research and literature in practice
- Serve as a contributing member of the Medical Center, VISN, national, and/or community committees
About the Sheridan VA Health Care System
We are part of the Rocky Mountain Region Veterans Integrated Service Network (VISN19). VISN 19 includes facilities in Colorado, Oklahoma, Montana, Utah, and Wyoming. Our health care system consists of our main facility located in Sheridan, Wyoming. It's a 200-bed medical center, serving as the psychiatry tertiary referral site for VISN 19. We provide complex care across the continuum ranging from acute inpatient mental health care to mental health residential rehabilitation and interdisciplinary outpatient programs. Prospective candidates will help drive an integrated and comprehensive approach to the care of a complicated Veteran population. Sheridan VAHCS bed complement includes 20 psychiatric, 10 medical, 55 extended care, 115 mental health residential beds, and a 45-bed Domiciliary Residential Treatment program for homeless Veterans. We have five Community Based Outpatient Clinics located in Casper, Riverton, Cody, Gillette, and Rock Springs, with two Telehealth Outreach Clinics in Worland and Evanston; and one Outreach Clinic in Afton, Wyoming.