EMERGENCY GENERAL SURGERY OPPORTUNITY- Oakland and Richmond, CA
The Permanente Medical Group is currently seeking a BC or BE General Surgeon and would especially welcome MIS Fellowship trained General Surgeons to join our excellent team at the Oakland and Richmond Medical Center.
Qualifications and Responsibilities:
BE or BC General Surgeon
General Surgery Call
Participation in resident and medical student education required
Volunteer Clinical Faculty Status at UCSF
The Department of Surgery at Kaiser Oakland Medical Center is looking to hire a Board eligible or Board-Certified General Surgeon to join the Division of General Surgery within the Emergency General Surgery service. You will work at the flagship medical center for the Northern California Kaiser Permanente system, along with the Department of Surgery at Kaiser Richmond Medical Center. Twelve surgeons currently staff service lines within the division. These include Emergency General Surgery, Breast Surgical Oncology, Colorectal Surgery, Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Surgery, Complex Surgical Oncology, Abdominal Core Health and Complex Hernia, Robotics/MIS/Foregut, along with Core General Surgery clinic. We work alongside the Divisions of General Thoracic Surgery, Pediatric Surgery, Vascular Surgery, and Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Our department, along with the Oakland Medical Center, serves as the tertiary and quaternary referral center for Kaiser Permanente patients from Northern California and beyond. Kaiser Richmond is a location for Bariatric Surgery and is also the primary location for outpatient surgeries. We are a core training site for residents from the UCSF East Bay Surgery Residency and medical students from UCSF. Our department is actively engaged and funded in clinical, health services, and delivery science research.
You will be supported by a robust group of Physician Assistants, fully staffed Wound Care clinic, surgery schedulers, and experienced medical assistants.
The ideal candidate is familiar and comfortable with all facets of core General Surgery, including laparoscopy and intra-operative endoscopy. Additional training in Robotics, Acute Care Surgery, or Surgical Critical Care is a bonus but certainly not required.
The position will be 50-60% hospital-based Emergency General Surgery with the remainder split between EGS clinic, General Surgery clinic, and elective Operating Room time. Clinical work or rotations outside the prescribed role (Endoscopy, Critical Care, Robotics, etc) will be dependent on qualifications and needs of the medical center. Night and weekend calls are required at both sites.
Kaiser Permanente / The Permanente Medical Group
The Permanente Medical Group, Inc. (TPMG - Kaiser Permanente Northern California) is one of the largest medical groups in the nation with over 9,000 physicians, 22 medical centers, numerous clinics throughout Northern and Central California and a 75-year tradition of providing quality medical care.
A FEW REASONS TO CONSIDER A PRACTICE WITH TPMG:
- Work-life balance focused practice, including flexible schedules and unmatched practice support.
- We can focus on providing excellent patient care without managing overhead and billing.
- We demonstrate our commitment to a culture of equity, inclusion, and diversity by hiring physicians that reflect and celebrate the diversity of people and cultures. We practice in an environment with patients at the center and deliver culturally responsive and compassionate care to our member populations.
- Multi-specialty collaboration with a mission-driven integrated health care delivery model.
- An outstanding electronic medical record system that allows flexibility in patient management.
- We have a very rich and comprehensive Physician Health & Wellness Program.
- We are Physician-led and develop our own leaders.
- Professional development opportunities in teaching, research, mentorship, physician leadership, and community service.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package, including comprehensive medical and dental
- Moving allowance
- Home loan assistance - up to $250,000 (approval required)
- Malpractice and tail insurance
- Paid holidays, sick leave, education leave
- Shareholder track
- Three retirement plans, including pension
Full-time annual salary range is $380,040 to $392,040 plus additional potential incentives up to $84,000*.
Reduced schedules with pro-rated compensation may be available.
*Some incentive opportunities are estimates based on potential premium pay.
To learn more about these opportunities and to apply, please visit: https://northerncalifornia.permanente.org/.
You may also email your CV to Victor Ramirez at Victor.R.Ramirez@kp.org or call (510) 625-6281.
We are an EOE/AA/M/F/D/V Employer. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Connect With Us: