UPMC Magee is recruiting an Ob/Gyn physician for our hospital in Altoona, PA. In partnership with UPMC Magee-Womens Hospital, women across our region have access to expert general ob-gyn care at Magee-Womens Specialty Services with offices in Altoona, Ebensburg, Everett and Huntingdon. Our experts offer a wide range of ob-gyn services to meet the needs of women of all ages, including: management of low- and high-risk pregnancies, midwifery services, teen gynecology, birth control including IUDs and subdermal implants, minimally invasive treatment of fibroids, tumors, and endometriosis. We offer pre- and postnatal care at all four UPMC Magee-Womens Specialty Services locations. Labor and delivery services are only at the UPMC Altoona Birth Center. Must have an MD or equivalent, be BC or BE in Ob/Gyn with the ability to obtain an unrestricted PA license. J1 and H1B visa sponsorship available.
- Reasonable call schedule
- Busy practice including Ob/Gyns, Advanced Providers and midwives
- Full scope Ob/Gyn
- Office Hours are Monday-Friday
- Clinical academic appointment
- EPIC EMR for outpatient and Cerner for inpatient
- Community based hospital
- J1 and H1B opportunity
What we Offer
- $375K Salary
- Occurrence based malpractice
- Relocation assistance
- CME allowance
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience plus incentive bonus
- Outstanding benefit package including health, dental, vision and pension
- 30 days PTO plus holidays
About UPMC Altoona and UPMC
- UPMC Altoona (part of the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center hospital network) is a 400-bed regional health care system providing care to residents of a six-county service area in central Pennsylvania.
- UPMC Altoona is a level ll trauma center, regional oncology center, and a JCAHO-certified stroke center.
- UPMC Altoona provides comprehensive cardiology and cardiovascular surgery, behavioral health and a vascular and wound care center. The Health System’s medical staff is comprised of approximately 400 primary care physicians and specialists.
- UPMC is a $23 billion world-renowned health care provider and insurer based in Pittsburgh, PA
- 92,000 employees, including 4,900 physicians
- Over 40 academic, community and specialty hospitals
- Over 800 doctors’ offices and outpatient sites
- UPMC is inventing new models of accountable, cost-effective, patient-centered care
- Closely affiliated with University of Pittsburgh, ranked among the top recipients of National Institutes of Health research funding since 1998
About the Community
- Located in the Altoona/Blair County/Central Pennsylvania region
- Very reasonable cost of living
- Family-oriented community
- Excellent school systems
- Abundant cultural amenities including hiking, biking, paddling, fishing and skiing at nearby state parks, resorts and rail trails, Big10 sports, national touring performing artists
- Centrally located with easy access to larger, neighboring cities. Between 40 minutes to 4.5 hours to major cities including Pittsburgh, State College, Philadelphia, DC, and NYC.
- Mountains to climb and ski, rivers and lakes to paddle and fish, trails and roadways to bike, numerous golf courses, tennis and pickle ball courts – right here!
- Everything you need within a 15-minute drive – no rush hour traffic, no parking fees