Trinity Health at Home has an excellent full-time opportunity for a Board Certified or Board Eligible Hospice and Palliative Medicine physician to serve as Medical Director located in Silver Spring, Maryland.
The Hospice Medical Director will be responsible for the overall medical direction of patient and family services. The Hospice Medical Director will work with the Executive Director, Director of Clinical Services and Hospice Supervisors to plan and evaluate clinical services.
Responsibilities also include the following:
- Serve on the Executive Team at the program level.
- Support Provider Relations activities and provide input to the CPI Committee.
- Assume a leadership role on the QAPI Committee.
- A physician (MD or DO) licensed to practice medicine in the state of Maryland.
- Must have Board Certification in Hospice & Palliative Medicine or commitment to work toward board certification in Hospice & Palliative Medicine within four years from date of hire.
- Credentialing at one or more hospitals commonly serving patients in the hospice service area or commitment to obtaining credentialing at one or more hospitals commonly serving patients in the hospice service area preferred.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle required; must possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a functional automobile during work hours to make patient visits as needed.
- Demonstrate ability to assess, plan, evaluate and analyze nursing aspects of patient/family care and work in collaboration with the Interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated experience/ability to lead people centered care to patients and families including the psychosocial, spiritual, and multicultural domains of care.
- Demonstrated competence in verbal, written, and word processing communication.
- Demonstrated ability to manage time, meet scheduling targets, and function in an autonomous manner.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead a Trinity Health at Home team!
An excellent compensation and benefits package is available for the right candidate including:
- Day 1 benefits
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Short and long-term disability
- Generous paid time off
- Mileage reimbursement
- Comprehensive orientation
ABOUT THE FACILITY
Trinity Health At Home, also known as Trinity Home Health Services, is a member of Trinity Health, one of the largest Catholic health care systems in the United States. Providing home care in 11 states, our services span coast to coast with 15 home health and hospice agencies.
Trinity Health At Home is recognized as a provider of choice for home health and hospice care. Trinity Health At Home network of agencies provides services seven days a week with on-call availability; assigning consistent, highly trained caregivers; offering specialized programs such as palliative care, fall prevention and advanced wound care; and meeting or exceeding all home care outcome standards.
For more information about Trinity Health at Home visit http://www.trinityhomehealth.org/.
Silver Spring, Maryland - Hip. Authentic. Dynamic. Diverse. Simultaneously historic and modern. Silver Spring is among the most attractive places to live and work in the DC Region. It also shares a border with D.C. and is the first Metro Rail stop in Maryland.
The Silver Spring Urban District provides ambassadorship, security, streetscape maintenance, walkway repairs, tree maintenance, marketing, promotions and special events to make Silver Spring a premier location for businesses, residents, and visitors. It is home to global brands like Discovery Communications, leading research institutions like United Therapeutics and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), creative entrepreneurs like Eastward Films, and beloved small businesses like Kefa Café.
As an Arts and Entertainment District, Silver Spring’s 42 art venues and 20 arts organizations attract hundreds of thousands of visitors each year. In 2014, the Silver Spring A&E District employed almost 1,400 people and contributed $136.5 million to the State’s GDP, making it the largest A&E district in the State.  With unique assets including the AFI Silver Theatre and Cultural Center, Roundhouse Theatre Education Center, The Fillmore Silver Spring, and Montgomery College Cultural Arts Center, Silver Spring is a premier economic and cultural hub in Maryland.
ABOUT TRINITY HEALTH
Trinity Health is one of the largest multi-institutional Catholic health care delivery systems in the nation. We serve people and communities in 22 states from coast to coast with more than 90 hospitals and 120 continuing care facilities – including home care, hospice, PACE and senior living facilities and programs that provide nearly two million visits annually. Trinity Health employs more than 131,000 colleagues, including 5,300 employed physicians.
Our mission: We, Trinity Health, serve together in the spirit of the Gospel as a compassionate and transforming healing presence within our communities. We support this mission by living our core values of Reverence, Commitment to Those Who are Poor, Justice, Stewardship, and Integrity. Committed to recruiting talented physicians, we are looking for physicians who share our values and want to help us fulfill the health care needs of the communities we serve.
At Trinity Health, we value the physician relationship and focus on partnering with our physicians. Whether you are a practicing physician looking to relocate or a medical resident, we offer opportunities with the flexibility to fit your individual needs. If you would like to be part of Trinity Health, we encourage you to explore this opportunity at www.trinity-health.org.