Pioneering healthcare since 1896, Salem Health is a top workplace offering market leading pay where you can make a difference in the lives of those in the community where you live. Through incorporation of Lean driven principles, staff are able to effect change in the organization to solve problems, and drive continuous improvement.
We are looking for providers who exemplify Salem Health's five core values of Excellence, Caring, Teamwork, Accountability & Integrity. We believe in Respect for People an have a commitment to a culture of healing and caring among health care staff and providers. No patient, employee or provider harm is acceptable to us.
Salem Health offers a competitive salary based on national benchmarks guaranteed for up to the first two (2) years, transitioning to a productivity-based compensation model thereafter, or sooner if mutually agreed upon.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine.
- Successful completion of an ACGME accredited residency program in Internal Medicine and successful completion of an accredited fellowship program in Gastroenterology.
- 1 to 3 years of experience as a Gastroenterologist required.
- Competent performing common gastroenterology procedures with high quality outcomes.
- Must be able to demonstrate adequate patient volumes for procedures in accordance to the GI privilege form via the Salem Hospital Medical Staff credentialing and privileging process.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine in the state of Oregon
- Must possess a current, valid, unrestricted drug enforcement administration (DEA) certification with an Oregon address by commencement of employment
- Board certification in Gastroenterology or board eligible and achieve certification within 5 years of the completion of residency.
- Knowledge of Lean methodology highly preferred
Total Rewards Offerings:
- Relocation Assistance
- Up to $50,000 start bonus*
- Up to $100,000 student loan repayment*
- $4,000 annual Continuing Medical Education (CME) allowance*
- 200 hours paid time off (PTO) + 40 hours for CME*
- Full comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans; Life insurance; Short and long-term disability
- 401(K) retirement plan with employer contributions
- Employee Assistance Program
- Onsite fitness center with 24/7 badge access
- Public service loan forgiveness (PSLF) eligible employer
*Based on a full time position; amounts will be prorated per FTE
Why Salem Health?
- Not-for-profit hospital, licensed for 644 acute-care beds
- Largest private employer in the state of Oregon
- Level II trauma center and Life Flight hub
- Busiest emergency department on the West Coast
- Magnet® designation
- EPIC EMR
- Designated as a Top Workplace in Oregon
- Community members honored Salem Health nine times in the “2022 Best of the Mid-Valley” awards
- Live amidst Oregon's Wine Country in the beautiful Willamette Valley
- 1-hour drive to the Pacific Ocean, 1.5-hour drive to Mt. Hood, and a 45-minute drive to Portland