Join Our Surgicalist Team at Piedmont Athens Regional Hospital
Are you seeking an opportunity to work at one of Georgia's five-time nationally recognized "Best Places to Work"? Piedmont Athens Regional Hospital is actively recruiting a board-certified general/trauma surgeon to join our surgicalist program in the charming town of Athens, Georgia. This position also offers the chance to serve as a medical director for our growing Trauma II facility. Ideal candidates can build a surgical/clinical practice while being a proactive member of the medical team at Piedmont Athens and collaborating with physician leaders across the system. The surgicalist team at Piedmont Athens is composed of excellent clinicians, and we are searching for a strong leader to further strengthen the team, ensuring our patients receive the exceptional quality of care that is the hallmark of all Piedmont facilities throughout Georgia.
Qualifications and Responsibilities:
- Board-certified with a minimum of three years of experience
- Expertise in Trauma and Critical Care
- Proficiency in routine general surgery procedures and acute care surgery
- Ability to handle minimally invasive procedures as well as complex cases in our Level II Trauma Center
- Collaboration with an excellent critical care team and various clinical service lines for comprehensive patient care
- Rotation of day and night shifts on a monthly basis: 7 days on with approximately 12-14-hour shifts, followed by 7 days off
- Team consists of six surgicalists and additional APP support
- Manageable administrative duties as medical director for work/life balance, with additional compensation included
About Piedmont Healthcare:
Comprising over 22 hospitals, 3,500+ employed physicians, and 700+ physician and specialist offices across Georgia, Piedmont Healthcare is a rapidly growing, esteemed leader in delivering expert care. Piedmont Athens Regional Hospital is a thriving 420-bed facility providing comprehensive healthcare services to Northeast Georgia. With an emphasis on quality and service, our staff contributes to a dynamic healthcare environment. Athens, a college town housing the University of Georgia, offers a vibrant economy and diverse culture, making it a highly desirable place to live and work.
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Epic EMR
- Physician Governance
- Emphasis on Quality, Service, and Reputation
To be considered for this opportunity, please email your CV to email@example.com.
"Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment visas at this time."