Baylor Scott & White Health is recruiting a BC or BE Neurologist to join the Baylor Scott & White Medical Center- Austin Oak Hill facility, located in Austin, Texas. Prior work experience or fellowship training is required.
- The neurologist will provide direct patient care for a wide variety of neurological disorders in an outpatient setting and provide call coverage by phone only, on a very limited basis. An EMG skillset is required.
- The selected individual will join as the first neurologist to work in this specialty clinic, as a part of the regional team of BSWH Neurologists in the Greater Austin Region, alongside a team of primary care physicians and other specialists.
- The work schedule is Monday-Friday in support of the clinic business hours with evening call rotations shared by our BSWH regional team of neurologists.
- Evening call coverage is rotated amongst the Greater Austin Region's team of BSW Neurologist, from 7 p.m.-7 a.m. by phone only, onsite coverage isn't required.
- Acute strokes are covered by a tele-stroke team of vascular neurologists.
- This is an employed position with a competitive salary, productivity bonus, moving allowance, a comprehensive benefits package and no state income tax.
- Epic EMR system
About Baylor Scott & White Health
As the largest not-for-profit healthcare system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States, Baylor Scott & White Health now includes 48 hospitals, more than 1,000 access points, 9,600 active physicians, and 48,000 employees, plus the Scott and White Health Plan, Baylor Scott & White Research Institute and Baylor Scott & White Quality Alliance—a network of clinical providers and facilities focused on improving quality, managing the health of patient populations, and reducing the overall cost of care.
About Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Austin
Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Austin is the newest 25-bed, full-service hospital in the Oak Hill community of Southwest Austin. Now open, the medical center offers a range of clinical and surgical services, as well as an emergency department open 24/7, operating rooms, imaging, and other services, and plays a central role in community wellness. A primary and specialty care clinic operates adjacent to the hospital.
About the Community
Located only minutes from downtown Austin, Oak Hill sits at the edge of scenic Texas Hill Country. One of the oldest neighborhoods in Austin, Oak Hill boasts homes dating back to the 1800s. A strong neighborhood association and award-winning school district reinforces the family-friendly hometown atmosphere. Nearby, the acclaimed Austin Zoo draws visitors from around the world and the adjacent Barton Creek Habitat Preserve offers a pristine protective habitat for endangered songbirds. Small-town charm and big-city convenience make Oak Hill a great place to live and work. Austin's entertaining live music scene and the Circuit of the Americas race venue is a couple of the many reasons people from all over the nation are attracted to the area.
Baylor Scott & White Health Benefits: At Baylor Scott & White Health, you'll enjoy a competitive benefits package in an employed position that includes:
- Immediate eligibility for generous health benefits
- Amazing retirement plan and market competitive compensation
- Outstanding vacation allowance of 4 weeks of vacation and 3 weeks of CME paid days off per year
Doctorate Degree in Medicine
Licensed to Practice Medicine in the state of Texas by the Texas Medical Board
Employee shall be currently board certified in his or her specialty or demonstrate active pursuit of board certification as defined by the appropriate specialty board of the American Board of Medical Specialties or the Bureau of Osteopathic Specialists
Five of our hospitals made Healthgrades’ America’s 250 Best Hospitals list, indicating they are in the top 5% in the nation for overall clinical excellence.
For additional information about this opportunity, please contact
Tara Moore, Physician Recruiter, at Tara.Moore@BSWHealth.org