The Dayton VA Medical Center is recruiting a full-time Chief of Medical Service. The Chief of Medical Service is fully responsible to Chief of Staff (COS) and the Medical Center Director (MCD) for Cardiology, Hospitalists, Dermatology, Endocrinology, Emergency Department, Gastroenterology, Hematology/Oncology, Infectious Diseases, Nephrology, Neurology, Pulmonology and Rheumatology clinical services. The Dayton VA Medical Center is affiliated with Wright Patterson AFB Medical Center and eleven (11) other community hospitals. It is a Joint Commission accredited, 1c/high complexity, 356 bed teaching facility serving more than 45,000 Veterans in Western Ohio & Eastern Indiana. This exciting job opportunity awaits you in modern, well-equipped, well-staffed VA facility located in an affordable mid-western city.
The Medical Chief of Service:
- Formulates and recommends plans for the comprehensive program of Cardiology, Hospitalists, Dermatology, Endocrinology, Emergency Department, Gastroenterology, Hematology/Oncology, Infectious Diseases, Nephrology, Neurology, Pulmonology and Rheumatology care.
- Develops the requirements of staff, facilities, equipment, and supplies needed to carry forward such an integrated program utilizing necessary review and controls.
- Appraises the effectiveness of Medical Service programs in meeting patient care requirements.
- Collaborates with other clinical service chiefs and the Chief of Staff to ensure that facility programs reflect the mission and priorities of the VHA
- Monitors provider performance, adherence to professionalism standards ensures Medical Service compliance with VHA regulations and professional standards and ethical conduct.
- Promotes the development of Medical Service health care professionals though counseling, mentoring, teaching, and encouraging self-assessment.
And much more!
Work Schedule: Full-time, Monday-Friday, 8:00 – 4:30
- Must be U.S. Citizen
- Current, full, and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in the U.S. •Board Certification
Recruitment Incentive and Relocation Assistance may be available! Community Information
Dayton has just over 165,000 residents and is Ohio's sixth largest city. Dayton is a city rich in inventive history, with more patents than any other town in the nation and the birthplace of
aviation pioneers, the Wright brothers. Dayton is blessed with a beautiful park system, hundreds of miles of bike paths, golf courses as well as canoeing, fishing and other outdoor activities. Dayton has a nationally recognized art institute, a large air force base, a symphony, ballet company and opera, as well as festivals and arts fairs year-round. Dayton is an easy drive to both Cincinnati and Columbus which offer professional sports and the nationally known Ohio State football team.
Unique to the area is the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park, the Wright Brother's bike shop and Carillon Park featuring an original model of the famous Wright B flyer-the world’s first practical aircraft. The United States Air Force Museum located in Dayton is the largest military aviation museum in the world with over 200 planes, missiles and exhibits on display-and it’s free! For outdoor enthusiasts, there's Sycamore State Park, which offers fishing and camping, or Five Rivers Metroparks with several locations throughout Dayton with miles of jogging and walking trails.
Benefits and Features
The position offers a competitive salary based on education, training and experience and includes a full benefit package, student debt repayment, an annual CME stipend all designed to support a high-quality professional practice and favorable work-life-family balance. VA does this by offering: Paid Time Off in the form of 26 Days paid annual leave, 13 Days paid sick leave per year, 10 Federal holidays with pay, and 5-Day paid absence to attend approved CME courses. Insurance to include Health-Dental-Vision care insurance programs to choose from with premiums partially paid by VA; Flexible Spending Accounts; Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government; and Long-term care insurance available as an option. Federal Retirement Plan thru the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS) - A three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits; 2) FERS-FRAE basic benefits (pension); and 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan, with up to five percent government matching contributions.
To Explore This Physician Opportunity Further
Please forward copy of your Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae to Jason Tafoya, VA National Healthcare Recruitment Consultant @ Jason.email@example.com and to schedule a time to speak with me, copy and paste the URL.