JOIN A NATIONALLY RECOGNIZED LEADER IN HEALTHCARE
Internal Medicine Residency Program Director
Banner Health and the University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix are pleased to announce the expansion of Graduate Medical Education programs, with a total of 229 additional residency and fellowship positions. The initiative will expand with three programs in 2025 and build 16 additional programs by 2027.
BANNER HEALTH, a Top 5 Large Health System and one of the country’s premier, non-profit health care networks is seeking an academic leader to serve as the Internal Medicine Residency Program Director for Banner Medical Group's new, community-based IM program. This position will be based at our health center in Surprise, Arizona and Banner Del E Webb Medical Center in Sun City, Arizona.
- Develop an innovative medical education curriculum that integrates clinical experience and evidence-based practice
- Oversees program faculty
- Accountable for operational and financial performance
- Responsible for the recruitment, selection, instruction, supervision, counseling, evaluation, and advancement of residents
- Residents will have both inpatient and outpatient rotations. Outpatient clinic time will be at the Banner Health Center in Mesa and inpatient at Banner Desert Medical Center in Mesa
- Establish patient panel for incoming residents. Once the new residency is established, the FTE allocation will be evenly divided, .5 aFTE and .5 cFTE
- Program is set to commence with a cohort of 20 residents per year beginning in 2025 and will be in partnership with the UArizona College of Medicine-Phoenix
- The qualified candidate will receive a faculty appointment at the University of Arizona consistent with their credentials
- Must be Board Certified in Internal Medicine
- GME teaching /administrative experience as Program Director/Associate PD or Core Faculty preferred
- Evidence of clinical, scholarly, and teaching ability
- Passion for teaching and fostering a culture of excellence
- Strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative and innovative environment
- Proven experience in medical education and program development desired
Banner Health offers a generous salary and recruitment incentives, along with an industry leading benefits package that provides security for you and your family:
- Base Salary plus Value Pay
- Starting bonus + Loan Repayment up to $100K
- Relocation Assistance
- Paid CME
- Paid malpractice
- Excellent benefit package options
- Focus on physician well-being and development
- This location qualifies for federal loan forgiveness
Banner Health is a financially-sound non-profit organization, with a Fitch rating of AA-. Regarded and recognized as a top health system in the country for the clinical quality consistently provided to patients in our hospitals, nonprofit Banner Health is headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, and operates 30 hospitals, including three academic medical centers and other related health entities and services in six states.
Forge your own path and design a program according to your vision! Apply Today!
Facility & Location InformationBanner Health | Banner Medical Group - Surprise
13995 W. Statler Blvd., Surprise, AZ 85374 Physician - Academics-Internal Medicine