You are the future of patient-focused Palliative Medicine. With our new models of care and treatments, we empower advancement. Join our culture of constant improvement and enjoy:
- A large system group with system-owned Hospice and collegial support
- Opportunities to grow within a system
- Subspecialty support and collaboration
Status: Full Time
Location: Unity Hospital & Hospice Care affiliates
- Rochester Regional Health’s well-established team with a system-wide presence including 8 full-time Palliative Care Physicians, 10 APPs, a Chaplin, 3 Social Workers, and 2 Nurse Navigators.
- With the largest system-owned Hospice in Monroe County, our Palliative Care team covers 3 counties and has clinical oversight and leadership across our integrated health system in Upstate NY.
- Unity Hospital is the 2nd largest hospital in our system where you will join our Palliative Care team of 2 physicians, 3 APP's, and Social Worker.
- Our expanding outpatient Palliative Care program brings the care to our Palliative patients across a broad medical spectrum.
- Closely partnering with Oncology service at our integrated cancer centers to give them better quality of life, pain management, and around the clock support.
- Provide specialty Palliative and Hospice Care in a cooperative setting, delivered across the continuum of specialties in Oncology, Pulmonary, and others.
- Building our team to develop a plan to manage care across the continuum, help us bring the best care to our patients and their families.
- Work within the Palliative Care service line system-wide to advance Unity's program.
- Combination of Inpatient service, Outpatient clinic, and Community Hospice within our integrated program.
- Monday-Friday Schedule with Shared Call Coverage
- Teaching Opportunities available within our Palliative Care Fellowship Program
- Completed Palliative Care Fellowship
- Guaranteed Salary
- Sign-On and Performance Bonuses
- Defined Pension Plan + 403(b), 457(b)
- Fully Covered Relocation Services
- Multiple health insurance plans to choose from
- Affordable cost of living
Rochester has been ranked the 3rd best place to live in New York and as the 26th best place to live among the 150 most populous metro areas in the United States.
The Rochester area feature excellent public and private schools, and a variety of housing options. As the third-largest city in New York State, Rochester offers diverse cultural as well as easy access to travel! The area also offers recreational opportunities year-round with the Finger Lakes, the Adirondacks, and surrounding ski-resorts and state parks. The Greater Rochester area boasts a thriving food, brewery, and winery culture, exceptional college and universities and is one of the top golf destinations in America.