Geriatrics Physician – Community Living Center (CLC) – Pittsburgh VA Medical Center in Aspinwall
Eligible for up to $200,000 in student loan repayment
The Geriatrics - Community Living Center (CLC) physician will provide direct patient care and supervise medical house staff, medical students, and/or geriatrics fellows. In addition to their role as a clinician, the CLC physician will have major administrative responsibilities for leadership and direction of CLC. Administrative responsibilities include program development and evaluation, as well as effective interface with the Medical Center.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be board certified/eligible by American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) or the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) in Geriatric Medicine.
- Provide primary care for a panel of Veterans within the CLC.
- Be a clinician educator, assisting with oversight of an increasing number of learners anticipated in the coming years with the growth of our geriatrics service line.
- Evaluate and manage adults with single or multiple disorders in all subspecialties of internal medicine and specifically geriatric medicine.
- Work in interdisciplinary teams to provide comprehensive patient care.
- Actively participate in defining and accomplishing the mission and goals of the HJH CLC.
- Develop short- and long-term strategic plans for the HJH CLC.
- Collaborate with CLC management to advise the GEC administration regarding service scope, staffing models, and cultural transformation.
- Assume administrative responsibility for physician schedules, timecards, leave use, and performance evaluations.
- Ensure 24-hour daily physician coverage and routine/unscheduled medical coverage in all CLC units.
- Monitor physician practices and responsibilities, make credentialing and privileging recommendations.
- Lead medical staff meetings and in-services.
- Develop emergency treatment procedures for residents/patients.
- Collaborate in creating policies, procedures, and guidelines for high-quality comprehensive services.
- Utilize an interdisciplinary approach to medical care.
- Support and direct the teaching mission at the CLC.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday; 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Student loan repayment up to $200,000 on eligible loans.
- Regular salary increases and annual performance bonuses.
- 50-55 days of paid time off.
- Three-tiered Federal retirement program with VA contributing.
- Federal health/dental/vision/long-term care insurance offered.
- Malpractice insurance with tail coverage provided.
- No physician employment contracts and no significant restrictions on moonlighting.
Interested physicians may respond with CVs to:
US Dept of Veterans Affairs
Pittsburgh VA Medical Center