The partners of DownEast Orthopedic Associates and DOWNEAST Surgery Center offer an exciting and unique opportunity to join a well-established private orthopedic practice of 12 physicians and a surgery center in beautiful Bangor, Maine. We are looking for an Orthopedic Fellowship Trained Hand and Upper Extremity Surgeon who wants to practice state-of-the-art medicine in a small city with a large tertiary referral base. Endless outdoor activities are close to your city, country, or lakefront home.
- Be busy right away in your subspecialty of Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery
- Competitive salary & benefit package
- Partner-owned onsite MRI and Occupational Therapy Services
- Practice partnership after one year
- Surgery Center partnership after one year
Do your outpatient surgery at our new privately owned, AAAHC accredited, three-room Ambulatory Surgery Facility offering a high quality of care, very low infection rates, and efficiencies not seen in hospital outpatient environments.
Eastern Maine Medical Center is a 411-bed Level II trauma center and a regional healthcare leader offering a diverse medical staff of more than 300 physicians.
St. Joseph Hospital is a 112-bed community-focused facility with state-of-the-art emergency and operating rooms.
- Centrally located providing easy access to the mountains, coast, and many area lakes where hunting, fishing, kayaking, hiking, mountain biking, and outdoor adventure abound.
- International Airport
- World Class Sailing on Penobscot Bay.
- An award-winning community rated as one of America’s Best Small Metro Areas in McMillan’s Places Rated Almanac.
- Bangor is among the 20 Best Places to Raise a Family in a Readers Digest poll.
- Bangor provides many educational opportunities that range from private and public grade schools to four-year universities. Our schools rank among the best in New England earning distinction for standardized test scores, advanced placement programs, music, and arts.
- Bangor's real estate and housing choices are diverse and affordable, including new construction, historic homes in tree-lined residential areas near the hospital, and private country properties within easy commuting distance to the hospital.
Take time to look at our exceptional opportunity, you will not be disappointed.