Under the general direction of the Chair of the Department of Medicine (the “Chair”) and the Chief of the Division of Rheumatology (the “Chief”), and in compliance with the Bylaws, Rules and Regulations of the Medical Staff, the Staff Rheumatologist will be responsible for the following:
- Provides direct patient care consistent with the clinical privileges granted by NWH and its Medical Staff.
- Ensures timely and appropriate documentation for all clinical activities.
- Implements E-Consults and telemedicine when appropriate
- Ensures timely communication with referring physicians, including compliance with standards for documentation of such communication.
- Participates in call requirements as required by the Chief.
- Serves on such NWH committees as may be required by the Medical Staff Bylaws or as may be reasonably requested by the Chief Medical Officer (the “CMO”), the Chair, and/or the Chief.
- Participates in NWH’s quality and safety improvement and risk management programs.
- Participates in the development of patient care protocols and evidence-driven order sets consistent with policies and procedures established by NWH.
- Participates from time to time in Mass General Brigham-wide activities as reasonably assigned.
- Participates in other administrative activities as from time to time may reasonably be assigned by the CMO, the Chair, and/or the Chief.
- Under the direction of the Chief, provides clinical education within the Division of Rheumatology.
- As requested, participates in interdisciplinary teaching activities within the Division of Rheumatology.
- Provides timely, thoughtful, and accurate evaluations and feedback to students and residents as required from time to time.
- Performs other teaching activities as may from time to time be reasonably assigned by the CMO, Chair, and/or Chief.
ABOUT NEWTON-WELLESLEY HOSPITAL
You belong at Newton-Wellesley Hospital, where your talent is valued, your professional growth is honored, and where your career will thrive in one of the country’s best academic community hospitals. We hear it over and over again. People love working at Newton-Wellesley Hospital because of the strong sense of belonging they experience here. Dedicated health care professionals appreciate our:
- Easy-to-reach suburban location
- Superb resources
- Status as an outstanding teaching hospital
- Commitment to compassion and mutual respect
Newton-Wellesley Hospital (NWH) is a member of Mass General Brigham HealthCare System, a nonprofit organization founded by Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) and Brigham and Women's Hospital (BWH). Serving its community for more than 130 years, NWH provides a multitude of services including medical, surgical, obstetric and gynecological, cardiovascular, emergency, orthopaedic, neonatal, pediatric, hematology/oncology and psychiatric care—with a medical staff of over 1,000 physicians practicing a full range of specialties. NWH is a major teaching hospital for Tufts University School of Medicine and has established post-graduate training programs for MGH and BWH residents, teaching hospitals of Harvard Medical School.
Through our collaboration with MGH, Mass General Hospital for Children, and BWH, NWH offers a full range of superior medical, surgical, and specialty programs and services close to home. Our mission is to treat and care for all our patients and their families as we would a beloved family member. Our vision is to build an innovative health care delivery system that provides patients and consumers with high-quality, safe, accessible care and an exceptional experience—what they want, need and deserve. And, to make NWH the best place to work and provide care.
Mass General Brigham HealthCare System is an Equal Opportunity Employer & by embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law