Established, respected thoracic surgery group is looking for a partner close to Chicago
Join one of the nation s largest, most respected health systems and experience what it means to live well. Advocate Health is seeking a skilled thoracic surgeon to join our physician-led medical group and care for patients at the Advocate Lutheran Hospital in Park Ridge Illinois.
- Full-time Thoracic Surgeon
- Physician-led medical group, supportive service line, and a collaborative, cohesive thoracic team that includes an Interventional Pulmonologist
- Advocate Lutheran General Hospital is a 651-bed Level I facility and is the Center for Excellence for Thoracic Surgery in the Central Chicagoland area.
- You will treat the full spectrum of benign and malignant disease including diseases of the pleura, lungs, esophagus, mediastinum, and chest wall
- Perform a broad range of thoracic procedures including minimally invasive thoracic surgery, robotic surgery, VATS, advanced bronchoscopy, and endoscopic procedures for lungs and esophagus
- Participate in an established Lung Cancer Screening
- Experienced APC's and dedicated PA s to help support your practice
- Opportunity to share your passion and innovation, and make life changing differences in the care you provide to your patients
Training and/or experience required
- Strong robotic surgical skills are required
- Excellent leadership ability along with a strong desire to grow an already successful program
What Advocate Health offers
- Integrated nationally recognized organization with physician-led medical group and embedded service line
- A diverse and inclusive environment ensuring safe and equitable care for all patients
- A competitive compensation model that is sustainable, equitable, transparent, compliant, and rewarding
- Health, dental, vision, life and paid medical liability insurance
- 401(k) plan with up to 3% employer match, in addition to a 3% company contribution for a total employer contribution of up to 6%
- Parental leave, adoption assistance and surrogacy assistance
- CME allowance
- Relocation assistance up to $12,000
About Park Ridge, Illinois
Park Ridge is a picturesque suburb located 14 miles northwest of downtown Chicago, convenient to O'Hare Airport, major expressways, CTA and Metra trains allowing for an easy commute into the city while enjoying peaceful suburban living.
Park Ridge is a prime residential community that retains its distinctive, small-town charm where "community" is a big part of this suburban town. The City s vibrant Uptown shopping area includes the Metra station, Public Library and several parks featuring live musical concerts and special events are held in the summer. Throughout the City, quiet tree-lined streets, pleasing architecture, excellent schools, centrally located library and ample parks help make Park Ridge one of the most desirable family communities in the Chicago area.
Unique shops and a great selection of restaurants fill the Uptown area, where new buildings blend serenely with historic ones. The Uptown Park Ridge skyline is graced with cupolas, church spires and the 100-foot tower of the Art Deco Pickwick Theatre, which is on the National Register of Historic Places. In addition to the Uptown shopping area, Park Ridge offers other shopping and dining convenient to every neighborhood, including South Park, Village Green, the Dee Park area bordering Oakton Ave. and the Higgins Corridor bordering Chicago.
Park Ridge hosts a variety of businesses from privately owned to major corporations and is home to Lutheran General Hospital, a Level 1 trauma center and teaching hospital.