Lexington Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine, an employed group within the Lexington Medical Center network of care, is seeking a board-certified, fellowship-trained hand surgeon to join our orthopaedic program and specialize in hand, wrist, and elbow disorders due to tremendous growth. Candidate should have completed a hand surgery fellowship and have expertise in disorders of the upper extremity from the elbow down.
The candidate joins a team of 9 advanced practice providers and 14 orthopaedic physicians, including 3 partners specializing in upper extremity care. The orthopaedic service line also includes subspecialists in sports medicine, adult reconstruction, foot and ankle, and trauma.
Equipped with state-of-the-art imaging facilities and operating rooms, Lexington Medical Center is a 607-bed acute care hospital in West Columbia, South Carolina. With an upcoming robotics program, the orthopaedic suite offers cutting-edge technology.
- Established high volume practice and robust primary care referral network
- Shared call: 1 in 12 office call, 1 in 14 general ortho call with traumatologist and APP support
- Full spectrum of specialty care support including a premier heart and vascular center and robust general surgery and neurosurgery programs
About Lexington Medical Center:
In March of 2019, Lexington Medical Center opened the doors to the largest clinical expansion in South Carolina's history including a 545,000 sq. ft. tower providing 175 new beds, 16 labor delivery recovery rooms, 20 bed special care nursery with all private rooms, eight operating rooms, two endoscopy suites, and 40 shelled beds. The network includes six community medical centers, three ambulatory surgery centers, an occupational health facility, the largest nursing home in the Carolinas, an Alzheimer's care center, and more than 70 physician practices with over 400 employed physicians.
We are committed to offering quality, cost-effective benefits for our employees and their families. Benefits start one day one.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Retirement and savings plans with no vesting period
- 24/7 Epic EMR support from in-house IT team
- Relocation assistance and sign-on bonus
- Annual CME allowance
- Medical malpractice
- Life, accidental, and critical illness insurance
- Employer paid short and long term disability (after 90 days)
- Healthcare FSA
- Daycare FSA
- 529 college savings plans
- Adoption assistance
- Dependent life insurance
- On-site childcare center
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
- LMC Health Directions gym membership
- Employee discounts and services Additionally, all new physicians in the Lexington Medical Center network benefit from a customized marketing plan including print and digital ads as well as local media appearances.
- Proximity to beautiful Lake Murray
- Affordable cost of living
- One of the fastest-growing areas in South Carolina
- Family-friendly and home to some of the best school districts in the state
- Located in the heart of South Carolina, Columbia offers an unexpected mix of Southern charm and modern living. Pairing a diverse food & drink scene with local boutique shopping, national retailers, and family-friendly attractions, Columbia has something for everyone. On the banks of the Congaree River, Columbia boasts a wide variety of outdoor recreational activities, a robust festival scene, a premier international art museum, an award-winning children's museum, nationally recognized Riverbanks Zoo and Garden, plus Division 1 Sports with the University of South Carolina. With so much to enjoy, Columbia is the ideal place to live, work, and play.
Learn more about Lexington Medical Center at https://www.lexmed.com or visit our physician website at www.lmcphysicians.com to learn more about life as a physician in our network of care.