Job Description & Requirements
Nuclear Medicine Radiologist in Illinois
The renowned Department of Radiology at the Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine seeks a Nuclear Medicine Physician to join a team that enjoys excellent work-life balance, flexible schedules, and opportunities for remote work. The incoming Nuclear Medicine Physician will embrace cutting-edge technology, including a new PET/CT in Fall 2023, and have access to diverse and intriguing cases, from cancer to cardiovascular imaging. With a solid commitment to research and teaching, the successful candidate will thrive in a collegial and collaborative environment that fosters programmatic growth and exceptional patient care.Opportunity Highlights
Community Information Live and work in Chicago!
- Join a prestigious, top-ranked academic center in an affordable major metro, backed by a strong and supportive division
- Be part of a thriving department with robust residency, fellowship programs, and cutting-edge research opportunities
- Join one of the most dynamic departments across all of academic nuclear medicine
- Experience a wealth of commitment and investment in nuclear medicine from both the department and Northwestern University
- Encounter a diverse mix of cases, access the latest technology, and stay updated with advancements in the field
- Enjoy no call and a flexible schedule promoting a healthy work-life balance
- Benefit from the university's unwavering dedication to physician wellness and overall well-being
- Northwestern University (Feinberg) is a Best Medical School in the nation (US News)
- Work at nationally ranked Northwestern Memorial Hospital, ranked No. 9 in US News Hospital Honor Roll, No. 1 in Illinois, and No. 1 in Chicago (US News)
The third-largest city in the nation, Chicago is filled with excitement and sought-after attractions. It's one of the most inclusive cities globally, with vibrant multicultural neighborhoods, diverse communities, accessible attractions, sensory-friendly experiences, and a welcoming Midwest spirit that ensures everyone feels right at home.
We are an equal-opportunity employer dedicated to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Northwestern Medicine offers competitive benefits, including a continuing medical education allowance, paid time off, a well-being fund, 401k, paid parental leave, malpractice insurance, and much more.Job BenefitsAbout the Company
- Chicago has an overall grade of A- and is a Best Place to Live in Illinois (Niche)
- Named a Best Place to Live and a Best Place to Retire (US News & World Report)
- Named the No. 1 Big City to Visit for the 6th year in a row in the annual Readers' Choice Awards (Cond Nast 2022)
- Enjoy a cost of living more affordable than many major metros
- A variety of remarkable living options, including in downtown or Chicago's exquisite surrounding suburbs
- Green spaces and outdoor activities around every corner
- Exceptional public and private schools, as well as multiple prestigious colleges and universities
- Plenty of lakefront and beach activities along Lake Michigan
- Endless amenities, including the O'Hare international airport and legendary professional sports teams
- Travel + Leisure ranks Chicago #7 in "Best Cities in the US"
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation s leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
Nuclear Medicine, Imaging, Radiopharmaceuticals, Radiology, Radiologist, Radiologic Technicians, Radiologists, Physician, Healthcare, Health Care, Patient Care, Hospital, Medical, Doctor, Md