As a result of continued growth in our markets, we are currently recruiting for a BC/BE Gastroenterologist to join our team of physicians and advanced practice providers who are second to none. Expansion in our ambulatory endoscopy platform and cancer services affords us an opportunity to further develop our regional GI services.
At Geisinger, our Gastroenterologists:
· Provide care for patients across a fully integrated health system with a robust electronic health record (EPIC)
· Enjoy ample opportunity for professional growth including teaching fellows, residents and medical students, as well as participation in clinical and endoscopic research as faculty of the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine
· Work closely with multi-disciplinary teams, including embedded pharmacists, who assist in management of Hepatitis C and Inflammatory Bowel Disease
· Benefit from the support of skilled specialists in surgical specialties (Thoracic Surgery, Surgical Oncology, Colorectal Surgery), Intervention Radiology, and Oncology services
We are proud of the support we provide:
· Competitive starting salary with sign-on loans (bonus) available
· Excellent benefit package, including paid relocation, malpractice with tail coverage, ample paid time off, generous CME time/allowance of $4500 /15 days, and much more
Geisinger is committed to making better health easier for the more than 1 million people it serves. Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes nine hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,600 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually.
** Does not qualify for J-1 waiver. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. *Domestic partner benefits not applicable at Geisinger Holy Spirit.