Prisma Health, the largest not-for-profit healthcare organization in South Carolina, seeks a board-certified Colorectal Surgeon to serve as Division Chief at the Associate to Full Professor level.
The Division Chief will report directly to the Chair of the Department of Surgery and be responsible for the continued growth of clinical and academic potential of the division, with a particular emphasis on innovative approaches to the treatment of benign and malignant colorectal conditions. The successful candidate is committed to clinical excellence with expertise in minimally invasive rectal surgery and interest in the expansion of the division and associated multidisciplinary partnerships. Candidates must have a demonstrated commitment to teaching, leadership, and research and a track record of successful team leadership. Interest in leading the group towards NAPRC accreditation is preferred.
- ASCRS board certified
- 5+ years of clinical experience
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Paid relocation and malpractice with tail coverage
- Professional expense allowance
- Generous benefits including retirement, health, dental, and vision coverage.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness employer
- Prisma Health-Midlands serves nearly one million residents in the greater metropolitan area and acts as a vital tertiary referral center for the complex surgical needs of a large portion of the state.
- We host 31 residency and fellowship programs and a 4-year medical education program with the University of South Carolina School of Medicine Columbia.
- Designated Level I Emergency Trauma Center
- Three community hospitals and have separate research facilities.
- The department has a general surgery residency training program with four chief residents per year and trains medical students from the University of South Carolina School of Medicine.
- With nearly 30,000 team members, 18 hospitals, 2,984 beds, and more than 300 physician practice sites, Prisma Health serves more than 1.2 million unique patients annually. Our goal is to improve the health of all South Carolinians by enhancing clinical quality, the patient experience, and access to affordable care, as well as conducting clinical research and training the next generation of medical professionals.
Columbia is the state capital and home to the University of South Carolina s main campus. It is ideally located near beautiful mountains, beaches, and lakes. We also enjoy a diverse and thriving economy, excellent quality of life, and wonderful cultural and educational opportunities. For more information, visit PrismaHealth.org.