UNC Health Southeastern in Lumberton, NC seeks a General Cardiologist to join our community-based practice of Cardiologists, Interventional Cardiologists, Cardiovascular Surgeons, and APPs. Find professional and personal joy in your career, making a difference with an underserved and diverse patient population in our progressive health system.
RECOGNIZED FOR HIGH QUALITY
UNC Health Southeastern earned these distinctions:
- Chest Pain MI Registry Gold Performance Achievement Award from the American College of Cardiology in 2022 because of our commitment and success in implementing a higher standard of care for heart attack patients
- US News & World Report 2023 High Performing in Heart Attack and Heart Failure
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Research potential
- 1:4 general call
- Cardiac Cath Lab, Coronary and Peripheral Diagnostic and Therapeutic Interventions, including 24X7 STEMI coverage
- Dedicated EP Lab to support catheter ablation and device implantation
- Cardiovascular Imaging- echo, PVRs, carotids, arterial duplex, exercise and dobutamine stress testing
- Vein Clinic
- Ambulatory cardiac monitoring
- Pacemaker and ICD Clinic
- Medical Cardiology including CHF
- CVICU and dedicated Cardiology Progressive Care Unit
- Heart Center is a 30,000 sq. ft. facility located on the hospital's main campus
- Licensed DO/MD in NC or eligible
- BC/BE in Cardiology
- Good communication skills
- Must meet criteria for medical staff credentials at UNC Health Southeastern
Located in Robeson County, Lumberton, North Carolina is ideally located on I-95 just 20 minutes north of the South Carolina border. Lumberton is one-and-a-half hours from Raleigh and two-and-a-half hours from Charlotte. Popular beach cities, such as Myrtle Beach, are an hour away! The city is full of history, culture, and fun. Hike or bike on the Riverwalk near Historic Downtown, canoe down the Lumber River, and enjoy the local festivals and downtown events.
UNC Health Southeastern is a non-profit, comprehensive healthcare system, with a market draw of 175K. Southeastern Health is licensed for 452 beds which offer a combination of acute care, intensive care, and psychiatric services to more than 15,000 inpatients and 61,000 emergency patients annually. Southeastern is proud to have a large group of medical students and three residency programs operating and rotating on our campus and 30+ clinics.
UNC Health System Network is a not-for-profit integrated system owned by the state of North Carolina and based in Chapel Hill. UNC Health includes UNC Hospitals and its provider network, the clinical programs of the UNC School of Medicine, and 14 hospitals across 20 campuses across the state. Founded with N.C. Memorial Hospital in 1952, it is our vision to be the nation's leading public academic healthcare system.
To inquire about this opportunity contact Cindy Leonard at Cindy.Leonard@unchealth.unc.edu