The appointee shall provide services as assigned by the supervisor in furtherance of the university s missions and goals of teaching, research, patient care, outreach and public service.
The duties of this position include: providing patient care in the Gastroenterology and Hepatology clinic/clinic equivalent in the areas of IBD, general GI, and endoscopy; attending between 8 and 10 weeks each year on the GI consult service; sharing night/weekend call responsibilities with other GI faculty members; and teaching medical students, residents, and GI fellows during the course of the year.
As a member of the Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, you will report to the division head.
Individual must be board certified in Gastroenterology and hold a valid Oregon medical license. Need general endoscopy qualifications.
The duties of this position include:
1. Clinical 70%
- 7 half days of clinic/clinic equivalents during non-attending weeks. The outpatient responsibilities will be at the discretion of the Division Head and could be changed based on divisional needs. The following plan is proposed for 2023-2024
- Two- three -half days of endoscopy
- Four- Five half days of clinic focused on Gen GI and/or IBD
- GI Attending responsibilities
- 8-10 weeks on GI service based on the number of full time GI staff
- During attending rotations, you will be expected to supervise Gl fellows, complete all inpatient Gl consultations, and perform endoscopic procedures on inpatients and complex outpatients at the hospital endoscopy unit or ICU. During the attending rotation, you will not have other outpatient obligations and will receive full credit for the outpatient clinics.
- Nursing support will be provided for all outpatient activities.
- Night and weekend call - in rotation with other faculty, and similar to other GI faculty. Weekend call is shared with OHSU and VA faculty. Faculty are expected to see new patients, and supervise all endoscopic procedures in person.
2. Scholarly and Research work - 30%
- Teaching of medical students, residents, Gl fellows during the course of the year.
- You will have no administrative duties at this time.