The Medical Director provides clinical and administrative leadership for the Hospital's Inpatient Psychiatry Service.
Medical Director, Inpatient Psychiat
- The Medical Director provides clinical and administrative leadership for the hospital s Inpatient Psychiatry Service.
- Partners with nurse leaders to ensure the delivery of high quality acute care, focusing on evidence-based practice, measurable outcomes, patient experience, and affordable cost
- Partners with hospital leaders to ensure regulatory compliance and continual accreditation readiness
- Supervises all physicians and advanced practice providers
- Ensures a supportive educational environment for learners
- Represents the Inpatient Service and the Department at administrative forums, include the hospital s medical executive committee
- Reports directly to the Department Chair
Work is typically performed in a clinical and office environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine- (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s):
Licensed Medical Doctor - State of Pennsylvania
AdministrationOUR PURPOSE & VALUES:
Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
- KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
- EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
- LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
- INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
- SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as important, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality.*Does not qualify for J-1 waiver. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.