Job Description & RequirementsStart Date:9/19/2023Job Type:Perm
Michigan State University (MSU) Health Care seeks a Geropsychiatrist to join a growing team.
We offer a department committed to quality education and training of future psychiatrists. We serve a broad range of patients to address psychiatric illness within an environment that fosters inquiry, research, inclusion, and care.
MSU Health Care, the academic medical center of Michigan State University, houses 14 other psychiatrists working across the department. If you are interested in a clinician educator role, we offer a collegial team, a culture of excellence, and a work-life balance.
Opportunity Highlights - Excellent Quality of Life
- Excellent quality of life with schedule flexibility.
- We are open to considering interests in Inpatient, traditional or outpatient medicine.
- Partner with MSU and grow our Geropsychiatry practice.
- Enjoy a clinician educator role with telepsychiatry, resident supervision, and didactics, additional academic & administrative duties.
- Outstanding benefits include a 2-for-1 retirement match and $150,000 loan assistance.
- Salaried position with educational benefits for the incoming physician and their family.
Community Information - Work in One of Michigan's Best Cities
East Lansing, Michigan, is a vibrant and diverse metro region in the heart of the state with excellent neighborhoods to call home. Less than 90 minutes from Detroit, you can easily access the city's professional sports teams, incredible shopping and dining options, and various art and cultural attractions. East Lansing also has an affordable cost of living.
- East Lansing has an overall grade of A and is named one of the best places to live in Michigan (Niche)
- Nearby Lansing, MI, has a cost of living about 21% below the national average and very affordable housing
- Ranked a Best Place to Live by US News & World Report
- Nearby small towns with quaint downtowns, unique shops, and local farmers' markets
- Excellent public and private schools, as well as local and nearby colleges and universities
- An abundance of outdoor recreation along the Great Lakes and on the many walking/biking trails
- Exciting collegiate sports
About The CompanyMerritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation’s leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.