Description Job Schedule:
Per Diem Standard Hours:
1 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Friday Night and Weekend Call Coverage for Inpatient Psychiatry, Crisis Intervention, C & L Weekend Moonlighting PsychiatristOpportunity for a licensed Psychiatrist to provide psychiatric patient care to patients on Friday evening/night call from home, On-site daily rounding and consults on Saturday and Sunday with overnight phone call only from home.
Charlotte Hungerford Hospital is a 122-bed, general acute care community hospital located in Torrington, Connecticut, that serves as a regional health care resource for the 100,000 residents of Litchfield County and Northwest Connecticut. CHH offers personalized attention from an expert team of caregivers and physicians that utilize advanced technology and clinical partnerships in a convenient, safe and comfortable patient environment.POSITION SUMMARY/PURPOSE
Reporting directly to the Associate Medical Director for Inpatient services, the incumbents of this position are responsible for providing direct care to patients of the Behavioral Health Department. Responsibilities include but are not limited to initial patient assessment, ordering and evaluation of appropriate tests, treatment, discharge and recommendations for follow-up with other healthcare providers as required. Responsible for developing and maintaining good customer relations and ensuring the confidentiality of patient information. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
For additional information:Please contact Samuel McNeil
- Responsible for direct patient care. Evaluates patients through I examination and development of a detailed medical history. Writes orders for diagnostic studies, medications, treatments and other matters pertaining to patient care.
- Charts observations, test results, and all patient communication in medical record as dictated by CHH Hospital Policy and Procedure. Ensures that patient records are treated as confidential information.
- Reviews and interprets results of diagnostic studies and tests and incorporates information into a care plan.
- Arranges for appropriate follow-up/care referral for patients.
- Follows established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality improvement program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Provides healthcare and discharge information to patients and families and writes discharge instructions.
- Advises patients and families on the use of various medications including dosage, side effects and composition.
- Determines and discusses diagnosis/differential diagnosis with patient. Documents on chart and charge slip.
- Prioritizes work and provides prompt and efficient service. Processes all paperwork, prepares charge slips accurately and verifies bills for accuracy.
- Displays and upholds CHH core values of dignity, compassion, service excellence, community and integrity. Consistently demonstrates caring for patients, for one another, and for the organization they are part of, and contributes to building trust, pride and camaraderie.
, firstname.lastname@example.org, or call/text 860-637-5571.Qualifications Requirements:
- M.D. or PhD and 3 years of job related experience
- 3rd year licensed Residents also eligible
Requires clinical experience. The job, also requires a State of CT license, DEA, Controlled Substance, and CPR.